What video games have you been playing?

Samurai Gunn:

Retro-stylized Smash Bros.-style brawler for up to 4 players on PC. Coming soon to Mac and PS4/Vita. So much fun at parties. Very simple, but deep mechanics. Anyone can pick up and play. DRM-free download+Steam code 20% off for a few more days: http://maxistentialism.com/samuraigunn/

I go back and forth on whether I want to buy a ps4 or not.

Just not sold it is $500 better than a ps3. Someone want to talk me into it?

You don't need it yet.

Compare launch PS3 with PS3 now - it's grown into what it is.

If you want one of the handful of decent launch titles - I guess it could be worth it.

But really its not that big of a deal yet. Next holiday it will be.

I go back and forth on whether I want to buy a ps4 or not.

Just not sold it is $500 better than a ps3. Someone want to talk me into it?

I was contemplating this same thing for a while. I don't think it's worth it quite yet. Right now I think there's only two PS4 exclusive games, and the most of the other next gen games (Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Battlefield 4, etc) are all available on PS3/Xbox 360. I'll get a PS4 eventually because there's a lot of franchises for the system that I like, but for now there's a ton of great 360/PS3 games that I haven't touched yet.

I bought an Xbox One, but that's only because I took advantage of a few promotions and got it super cheap, plus my brother and I really like Forza. I get buyers remorse once in a while, because I still spend more time with my 360 than my brand new Xbox One. I kind of hate having such a small selection of games, and very having very few friends that have the system that I can play online with. It'll be worth it eventually though. 

I don't even know where I'm going with this post anymore. I guess I just need to catch up on older games.

Buddy got me Ryse: Son of Rome for secret santa, beautiful looking game but really shallow. Its bassically a game full of quicktime events coupled with all the slow motion parts in 300. Story was ok I guess, lots of cliche stuff barbarians and a lunitic ruler with evil sons yada yada.

Ill get all the achievements I can and then trade it in :/

Thanks fellas. I wasn't even thinking about the future ps4 versions being better.

Think I'm just gonna play some of the n64 games I've been missing from my youth. I've beaten Mario 64, ocarina, and Gokdeneye a couple times each over the years. Definitely want to regain a copy of starfox and go through it.

There was another one I can't remember the name of. You would fly around in things like a jet pack and try and drop bombs in certain locations. Any help?

I also picked up dead island for ps3. It's pretty cool but man do you spend a lot of time picking up dollars and items in every location. Seems like too much.

It's a fun game. It does get tough to finish the storyline though, there's a lot of repetitive time spent wandering around and fighting zombies

A year subscription to PlayStation+ is only $34.99 at bestbuy.com right now. I took advantage.

Santa is bringing this for my son and I cant wait to try it out!

I love the Vita. I'm really glad I didn't sell it, there's so many kick ass indie games on it that don't cost a lot and give you a lot of enjoyment.

I love the Vita. I'm really glad I didn't sell it, there's so many kick ass indie games on it that don't cost a lot and give you a lot of enjoyment.

I want one just to play Persona 4 Golden. P4 is my favorite RPG ever.

The Persona games are a love or hate type game. They mix RPG and dating sim elements, and are hard to beat in under 80 hours. I had fun with P3 and P4, but I can see why people would have problems with them.

A year subscription to PlayStation+ is only $34.99 at bestbuy.com right now. I took advantage.

Thanks for the heads up about the PS+ deal.  I picked that up.

The Persona games are a love or hate type game. They mix RPG and dating sim elements, and are hard to beat in under 80 hours. I had fun with P3 and P4, but I can see why people would have problems with them.

Yeah the dating sim end of things is what is totally turning me off.  I'm just not used to this much day to day managing.  I just joined the basketball team and  boosted my friendship rating because I stayed and helped a dude pick up the balls. 

The first hour and a half were rough getting through, but now that I"m into some of the fighting it should be better.  The mechanics of the fights are fun, seems like the story could get good.