What video games have you been playing?

I had a decent backlog a while ago, mostly of JRPGs so I just didn't buy any new games for a while, maybe 1 game every 6 months or something. Crossed the backlog off 1 game at a time, now I'm pretty much up to speed. I tend to stick to 1 game till I beat it, I don't switch up very often. I like hammering straight through a game to take in the story, kinda like an interactive book or something.

I am falling into a terrible habit of buying / starting new games before beatings the ones I'm currently playing.

I am still attempting to finish the games I started and never finished over the last year - featuring:

• Dishonored
  • Tomb Raider
  • Deadpool
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Ni no Kuni
  • The Last of Us
  • Assassin's Creed III
and soon: Batman Arkham Origins.

Though I know I'll finish that in one or two sittings...

I loved Dishonored. One of my favorites of the past few years.

Tidus' laugh in HD. Try to tell me you're not stoked.

More stoked for that crappy nu-metal song that plays during the opening scene!

DUN-DUN WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOW DUN-DUN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

DUN-DUN WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOW DUN-DUN DAH-DAH DUH-DUH DOO-DOO

I am falling into a terrible habit of buying / starting new games before beatings the ones I'm currently playing.

I am still attempting to finish the games I started and never finished over the last year - featuring:

• Dishonored
  • Tomb Raider
  • Deadpool
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Ni no Kuni
  • The Last of Us
  • Assassin's Creed III
and soon: Batman Arkham Origins.

Though I know I'll finish that in one or two sittings...

Oh dude, you gotta finish Dishonored and Tomb Raider! Both were sooooo good.

I'm in the same boat as you though when it comes to needing to finished GTA V before Origins comes out Friday. Definitely won't happen though :(. I think I'm about 75% and tonight will more than likely be my only chance to play any video games before Saturday...

Need to finish: Dishonored, MGS:HDC (already beat the OGs except PW, hence the lack of urgency), MGS4 (need to get on this one...).

Stoked for Arkham Origins, and will probably beat it in a couple of sittings. I grabbed the collector edition so that should be sweet.

Lucky you man.  My friend seemed to miss the cut-off point for the preorder of the special edition I guess because now he can't find it anywhere.

i ordered the CE off newegg.com, just waiting to see if it'll actually be fulfilled. it says its out of stock now.

best buy/game stop should get additional copies on day 1. i would be really surprised if its totally sold out.

i ordered the CE off newegg.com, just waiting to see if it'll actually be fulfilled. it says its out of stock now.

best buy/game stop should get additional copies on day 1. i would be really surprised if its totally sold out.

He's really hoping that's the case.  Gamestop said they weren't taking preorders on it anymore like... 2 or 3 weeks ago.  I think he's hoping that Walmart randomly gets some like they did with Arkham City.  Actually... as of last night they STILL had one copy of Arkham City collectors edition left.

A lot of Atlus games usually have a limited initial run, but they end up making more. Also Xenoblade Chronicles was pretty limited, and used to go for a crazy amount, but it's speculated gamestop did another run of them and is selling them used for a huge mark up.

Have their been any video games that went "out of print?" Like they did a single batch of them, it sold out, and that's it?

Not talking about things like NES cartridges and stuff like that. Say, stuff within the last 5 years.

not 5 years ago, but Working Designs used to do all limited runs of really cool JRPGs with localization for the states... as mentioned above, Atlus picked up some of that business when WD closed...

Have their been any video games that went "out of print?" Like they did a single batch of them, it sold out, and that's it?

Not talking about things like NES cartridges and stuff like that. Say, stuff within the last 5 years.

There are definitely some games that become hard-to-track-down, and thus become 'rare' and sell for a lot online. Obviously the AAA blockbusters don't apply, but yeah games from smaller publishers, it can definitely happen.

Dragon's Crown is prob an example of a game that came out recently that will be harder to track down the more time goes on. (Atlus title, I believe.)

A lot of Atlus games usually have a limited initial run, but they end up making more. Also Xenoblade Chronicles was pretty limited, and used to go for a crazy amount, but it's speculated gamestop did another run of them and is selling them used for a huge mark up.

I think their reprint was confirmed - but English Xenoblade OOP for a little bit.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but there was a Metroid Prime compilation for Wii that went out of print quickly and is pretty hard to find/expensive.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but there was a Metroid Prime compilation for Wii that went out of print quickly and is pretty hard to find/expensive.

That is another game that gamestop is rumored to have reprinted and is selling the copies as used for a high price.

About 5 years ago I was working at Hollywood Video, and at the end of the night a Game Crazy employee comes over with a paper shopping bag and sets it down. I look into it and its stacked to the top with boxed SNES games, at the top being Chrono Trigger. So I asked him, how much would he be looking for to sell me the bag. He goes "This guy tried trading them in but we wouldn't take them. I paid $20, and there's some pretty rare games in there...so how about $30"

I took the deal and sold the shit out of those games. Most of the games in there were RPG's