What video games have you been playing?

I finally bought a PS3 for "all those exclusives" what do I need to play?

I already bought The Last of Us and Heavy Rain.

uncharted 1, 2 and 3

resistance 1 (maybe 2, 3's kinda ehhh)

ico/shadow of the colossus HD

little big planet

playstation all stars battle royale

if you're into RPGs:

ni no kuni

kingdom hearts HD

old school final fantasy

if you're into heavy rain:

beyond two souls

I can't decide which game to play next. I'm debating between Ni Nu Kuni, Final Fantasy IX (only psx and on one I have not beaten), or another playthrough of Persona 3 or Persona 4 (2 amazing games).

Bit late replying to this but man FFIX is probably my favorite Final Fantasy. I'm actually halfway through disc 2 on what I think is my 6th playthrough since I got a copy a few years ago right now. Huge replay value. It has a slow start and a lot of people have beef with how childish the character design is but the story gets so insanely deep and good. Can. Not. Recommend. Enough. Also P4 is rad!

uncharted 1, 2 and 3

little big planet

if you're into RPGs:

ni no kuni

kingdom hearts HD

old school final fantasy

beyond two souls

I really really want Ni No Kuni and some Kingdom Hearts - that was my shit on PS2.

uncharted 1, 2 and 3

little big planet

if you're into RPGs:

ni no kuni

kingdom hearts HD

old school final fantasy

beyond two souls

That's a lot of them, here's some others:

PSPlus membership (rotating selection of free games, very worth the price, you can also catch it on sale pretty regularly)

Killzone series

Infamous series

Any Metal Gear games you haven't played elsewhere

3D Dot Game Heroes (LOZ worship)

Puppeteer

Ratchet and Clank games

Ni no Kuni rules! I was gonna mention that one but it was already covered. I pre-ordered at full price to get the steelbook, but I think you can get it new for $20 now.

The one PS3 title I would pick up FOR SURE that was also mentioned would be the Ico / SotC HD collection. I think you can get that for $20 new as well, so you've really got not much to lose.

If you love JRPGs Tales of Xillia is dope. I think there's going to be a ToX 2 coming to North America, as well. PS3 gets the good Japanese localizations.

Oh yeah! And Guacamelee! on PSN is awesome! Metroid/vania-style downloadable title. Old school gamers will love it.

True. I already have it on disc, and am not a subscriber. I think eventually they will cycle them out and offer different titles. $20 each for non subscribers, pretty sure I paid $40 on day 1 for the disc. $20 for the disc, new (pretty sure I've seen it for that low.) is still not bad at all if you are not a subscriber and don't feel compelled to become one.

I wanna get plats in both games, I am missing 1 trophy in each. For SotC it is the meticulous collector, hardest part is probably beating Gaius on Hard Time Attack, I've crossed off a few of the other colossi, though. And the one I need for Ico is the speed run trophy, figure I'll get around to it eventually, two of my fav games of all time.

I've been ripping BL2 GOTY and got this sweet GOTY edition guide in the mail today. Got it for $20, it's a massive 600+ page hardcover. Haven't cracked it yet cause I want to beat it at least once before I do. Discover what I can on my own beforehand.  Can't wait to get online with this but my buddy has GTA-V and Beyond: Two Souls to finish up first.

Ni no Kuni rules! I was gonna mention that one but it was already covered. I pre-ordered at full price to get the steelbook, but I think you can get it new for $20 now.

The one PS3 title I would pick up FOR SURE that was also mentioned would be the Ico / SotC HD collection. I think you can get that for $20 new as well, so you've really got not much to lose.

If you love JRPGs Tales of Xillia is dope. I think there's going to be a ToX 2 coming to North America, as well. PS3 gets the good Japanese localizations.

Oh yeah! And Guacamelee! on PSN is awesome! Metroid/vania-style downloadable title. Old school gamers will love it.

Xillia was not bad, no Vesperia, but that's not on PS3 in the US. I can't wait for ToX 2, it's supposed to be better by leaps and bounds. 

I still have not decided what to play. I'm currently finishing up a 2nd Bioshock Infinite playthrough. 

If that's true I'll def be getting ToX 2 cause I loved part 1 - I'm a total dork for most things Japanese, though. It's funny cause I showed my buddy, he also liked NnK but didn't seem super into Xillia. (But is familiar with previous Tales games, so I dunno maybe just burnt out at the time haha.) We tried battling co-op, which is so awesome that you can even do that, but it was kinda meh, cause instead of continuing my completed save file, we started a new game +. I imported half my level and XP x5 into the New Game + so right off the bat I was super overpowered (Started at lvl 38 fighting easy battles, 1 hit wins.) So yeah it probably would have been more fun playing as two people in the party if the battles had been more challenging. Love the characters/story/setting and battle system. Also it was a good length of game, I am accustomed to RPGs so I like longer games, usually. But yeah good pacing and I was into doing all the optional stuff like optional bosses and whatnot.

Yeah, I've pretty much only played JRPG's most of my gaming life. I only beat Xilla once, but want to do another play through as Jude since I choose Milla for some reason the first time. Jude's story is supposed to be more complete.

I'm looking forward to the Tales of Symphonia HD collection in March. I never had a Gamecube or Wii to play them.

Anyone else sign into PSN and have their friends list disappear? Apparently it's an issue many people are having...

I signed in and the place was completely vacant, looked it up and looks like its pretty common. Some people said they 'fixed' it my signing out and back in, turning off and back on, or even unplugging from the wall. I've tried all those things and nothing has worked so far. Well I unplugged from the back of the machine, just cause it's easier to get at. Maybe I should try from the wall again, might try rebuilding system database just for shits, though I doubt that has anything to do with it.

So weird this is happening now with PS4 launch coming.

Yeah, I've pretty much only played JRPG's most of my gaming life. I only beat Xilla once, but want to do another play through as Jude since I choose Milla for some reason the first time. Jude's story is supposed to be more complete.

I'm looking forward to the Tales of Symphonia HD collection in March. I never had a Gamecube or Wii to play them.

Holy shit I didn't know there was going to be a ToS HD collection! I've played my GC copy to death but I really want this since I haven't played Dawn Of The New World yet. Hoping this release of ToS has all of the secret techs in it like the Japanese PS2 version. For some reason the GC version only has them for Lloyd, Genus and Colette.

I imagine it will be. All the recent HD remakes of games include the most complete versions of the game. I can't wait for the FFX HD remake. I must fight and beat all the Dark Aeons and Penance. I never got around to it when I owned the import of FFX International.

I am falling into a terrible habit of buying / starting new games before beatings the ones I'm currently playing.

I am still attempting to finish the games I started and never finished over the last year - featuring:

• Dishonored
  • Tomb Raider
  • Deadpool
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Ni no Kuni
  • The Last of Us
  • Assassin's Creed III

and soon: Batman Arkham Origins.

Though I know I'll finish that in one or two sittings...