What video games have you been playing?

2 hours ago, Santa Bateman said:

eff that. trooper on baby!!

yeah no bueno. speedy recovery hopefully

I've been mentally running through options on how to play without the use of my left thumb and 25% mobility on the other fingers on my left hand and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

ER doc said it should heal in 3-4 weeks (minor fracture thankfully) but I'll see what the orthopedist says in 90 minutes.

I will say that with the 12 or so hours I've spent with it so far that it's exceeded all my expectations; which were pretty sky high already as the SoulsBorne stuff are my favorite games of all time at this point.

Edited by iwokeinrelief

I’m pretty close to the end of Elden Ring and am getting bummed it is close to being over. I’ve pretty much explored the entire map and am on my last major optional boss. I’ve never played NG+ in a single game but think I might this time to grab some of the achievements I missed. Or I’ll make a faith character. I missed one of the quest lines for an alternate ending and need to make sure to do that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Today is a day I thought I'd never see, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC.

I gotta say, I really enjoyed all the courses from Tour. The Tokyo and Paris one all have you take different routes on the last lap. The Ninja one is insanely fun, you literally have two routes the entire race, one above and one below.

All the remakes are great too. I hated Choco Mountain on the N64 and thank god they took out the part where you can fall backwards into the course. Sky Gardens was always another favorite of mine, glad to see it return. 

• 4 weeks later...

After 110 hours I finished up my journey 3 on Elden Ring and the platinum trophy this afternoon. Despite some minor quibbles (firmly looking at the last boss) it’s definitely one of the best games I’ve ever played and I’m already thinking about starting a whole new character tomorrow 😂

On 4/13/2022 at 4:51 PM, iwokeinrelief said:

After 110 hours I finished up my journey 3 on Elden Ring and the platinum trophy this afternoon. Despite some minor quibbles (firmly looking at the last boss) it’s definitely one of the best games I’ve ever played and I’m already thinking about starting a whole new character tomorrow 😂

Update - I didn’t even make it to the next day and made an astrologer that evening (I was a dex build my first run through) and have been loving my new run…

On 4/17/2022 at 3:39 PM, iwokeinrelief said:

Update - I didn’t even make it to the next day and made an astrologer that evening (I was a dex build my first run through) and have been loving my new run…

I went way too crazy on that game in such a short period of time but can’t wait until I am in the mood to make a new guy. I think I hit 100+ within the first couple weeks of release haha. I’m going to make a faith build next. My first character was dex/sorcery and sorcery was really disappointing to me.

I just picked up Monster Hunter Rise for Switch. I’m really enjoying the game so far but some of the combat mechanics are bugging me. Using x and a to attack and not being able to lock on to most enemies is pissing me off.

18 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

I went way too crazy on that game in such a short period of time but can’t wait until I am in the mood to make a new guy. I think I hit 100+ within the first couple weeks of release haha. I’m going to make a faith build next. My first character was dex/sorcery and sorcery was really disappointing to me.

I'm disappointed with sorcery so far myself - i might respec to a pure strength / great club-smash build here soon and just go and clobber the shit out everything instead.  I'd have easily clocked 100 hours in two weeks but i broke my wrist three days after release and it took 5 weeks for me to get back to being able to play unencumbered.

12 minutes ago, iwokeinrelief said:

I'm disappointed with sorcery so far myself - i might respec to a pure strength / great club-smash build here soon and just go and clobber the shit out everything instead.  I'd have easily clocked 100 hours in two weeks but i broke my wrist three days after release and it took 5 weeks for me to get back to being able to play unencumbered.

Oh yeah, I remember you posting about that around release. I’m glad you are healed up and get to play now. I’d like to do a full strength build at some point. It just worries me due to the bosses being so fast and 2h strength weapons being pretty slow. Even running a dex build with Moonveil was a pain in the ass to land hits sometimes.

17 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

Oh yeah, I remember you posting about that around release. I’m glad you are healed up and get to play now. I’d like to do a full strength build at some point. It just worries me due to the bosses being so fast and 2h strength weapons being pretty slow. Even running a dex build with Moonveil was a pain in the ass to land hits sometimes.

Yup, no splint or anything for a couple weeks now, and mostly back to full strength.

And totally fair on the speed of some bosses.  Only way I beat Malenia was with a +25 Katana + Seppuku and speed bleeding her to death.  I certainly want to hit all the bosses again with whatever build i finalize, but some certainly are *speedy*.  Malekith was probably the toughest for me even with the dex build, as he just uses so damn much of his arena and is so damn quick.

11 minutes ago, iwokeinrelief said:

Yup, no splint or anything for a couple weeks now, and mostly back to full strength.

And totally fair on the speed of some bosses.  Only way I beat Malenia was with a +25 Katana + Seppuku and speed bleeding her to death.  I certainly want to hit all the bosses again with whatever build i finalize, but some certainly are *speedy*.  Malekith was probably the toughest for me even with the dex build, as he just uses so damn much of his arena and is so damn quick.

Fuuuuuuuck Malenia. Whoever designed that is a psycho. Two phase boss fights can burn in hell. That one hit KO divebomb she does immediately after spawning is horrible. The Radahn fight is the one that pisses me off the most though. Probably the worst boss design I have ever seen in a game. 

Just now, Bronchitis said:

Fuuuuuuuck Malenia. Whoever designed that is a psycho. Two phase boss fights can burn in hell. That one hit KO divebomb she does immediately after spawning is horrible. The Radahn fight is the one that pisses me off the most though. Probably the worst boss design I have ever seen in a game. 

Honestly i hated Elden Beast the most.  Way too many (almost un-dodge-able at times) AoE attacks with *constant* jumping around a huge arena that drains your stamina just travelling to get 1-2 good hits + a *huge* health pool.  Having to beat him during journey 2 and 3 was misery.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/18/2022 at 7:15 AM, papermonsters said:

I've been heavily invested in Ghost of Tsushima over the last month. Last night I finished the 2nd Act and it legitimately made me so emotional I cried. I had to step away for a few minutes. I'm not sure this has ever happened to me playing a game before.

A+ so far.

Seriously one of the best games I've played in years. Story wise it's absolutely amazing.

18 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Seriously one of the best games I've played in years. Story wise it's absolutely amazing.

I really need to play it but am constantly buying new games and throwing stuff into the backlog. I will probably prioritize it some day soon.

Anyone here heard of V Rising on PC? It’s an early access game on Steam done right. It’s really robust for a game only a few days into early access. I’m not usually a survival game fan but the gameplay loop is addicting, graphics and art style are perfect and the online co-op is a lot of fun. My friend and I are currently playing it when we get some time away from our kids. 

32 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

I really need to play it but am constantly buying new games and throwing stuff into the backlog. I will probably prioritize it some day soon.

Anyone here heard of V Rising on PC? It’s an early access game on Steam done right. It’s really robust for a game only a few days into early access. I’m not usually a survival game fan but the gameplay loop is addicting, graphics and art style are perfect and the online co-op is a lot of fun. My friend and I are currently playing it when we get some time away from our kids. 

I haven't heard of V Rising, but I don't do a ton of PC gaming. I think you'll probably really enjoy Ghost of Tsushima though. It's so visually stunning on top of the great game play and story. It really is incredible.

• 1 month later...

I finally beat Red Dead Redemption 2. Talk about a long game. It was awesome. It's probably a good thing I waited to play it because I heard it used to have tons of bugs. I also spent time playing through Red Dead Revolver, Redemption, and Undead Nightmare before playing this. Each game in the series got better as it went for sure. Next up I'm going back to Gran Turismo 7 since I got about halfway through that before dropping everything for RDR2.