What is the most you have dished out for a record?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest streetcore
My only claim to fame. $3200 for a Judge - Chung King. I am King of the Idiots.

yeah, they gave you a lot of shit on the VLV board. But VLV are a bunch of dicks especially Epheron.

I said it before and I will say it again, it wasn't about the money but the opportunity. For the first time I actually had a shot at one through a private deal with no one breathing down my neck.

They rarely show up on ebay and when they did I got sniped.

Fuck it, I had the money and I went for it.

i got the isis box set and that was quite a bit but for a single record it would have been the arcade fire - neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) 7" and it was 130 ppd. i guess i'm a light spender compared to a lot of you other guys. wow!

No man, that Isis set was expensive. That was a tough one to swallow. Hey we live in the same city! Where do you hit it up? Sloth? Melodiya? The almighty Recordland?!?!

i got the isis box set and that was quite a bit but for a single record it would have been the arcade fire - neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) 7" and it was 130 ppd. i guess i'm a light spender compared to a lot of you other guys. wow!

No man, that Isis set was expensive. That was a tough one to swallow. Hey we live in the same city! Where do you hit it up? Sloth? Melodiya? The almighty Recordland?!?!

i stay away from record land... the old guy in there kicked me out one time because i told him 40 dollars for a beat up copy of foo fighters one by one was too much.

i mostly go to melodya, but i worked at play downtown in td square for a few years and got a lot of not so rare stuff from there.

i feel bad because its so much cheaper to shop for vinyl online when you live in canada. i wish records in stores here were as cheap as they are in the u.s

i stay away from record land... the old guy in there kicked me out one time because i told him 40 dollars for a beat up copy of foo fighters one by one was too much.

i mostly go to melodya, but i worked at play downtown in td square for a few years and got a lot of not so rare stuff from there.

i feel bad because its so much cheaper to shop for vinyl online when you live in canada. i wish records in stores here were as cheap as they are in the u.s

I hear you on the mailorder. For the kind of collecting I do, online is my only option unless I want to ebay later - no thanks.

On the plus side, I have friends who work at both Sloth and Melodiya so I get a good discount and there are no shipping costs. It is good for random releases or major label stuff.

Ah Recordland. Charging top dollar for beat records. Half of which he causes with his "washing" technique. You ever see him go to town on vinyl with his sponge? Fucked up!

Guest noeffinidea

Aside from the $240 (shipping included) for the Mastodon boxset:

Floor/Ed Matus' Struggle - Entomological Discoveries With Sound and Vibration split 7" (1st press with the hand-made "bug" cover; #'d out of 500) - $50

Floor/Tired From Now On - Split 7" - $50

Earth 2 - Special Low Quantity Version (special 2003 tour press; 3x 180 gram LP version) - $56

My only claim to fame. $3200 for a Judge - Chung King. I am King of the Idiots.

that's how I felt when I spent 1300 on mine...fuggit, if you have the money, and it makes you happy, then hell yeah. Also, I've heard one has gone up to 4 grand recently, so you aren't in bad shape if you wanted to sell :)

$25 for Baroness Red Album.

That was also the only time I spent more than $20 on a single record.

The fun in collecting records for me is finding good or rare albums super cheap. I rarely buy new records, and the majority of used records I get for <$10. More power to those of you who can drop the big dollas.

^I agree with this for the most part.