Lego Pirate Ships PICS!

here are the original 8 pirate ships from 1989-1996! alot of people on here requested i post pics...here you go! some of these are super rare, they are 8 of my 55 lego pirate sets(55 is all of them, took me a shit load of time to hunt them all down a few years back!)...these are the 8 ships! built them over the holidays for fun! 2 pics are of all of them, then the 3 others are pics of the rare big ones! skull eye schooner, black seas barracuda, and Red Beard Runner! they took me quite a few hours to build, alot of hours! enjoy

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

i miss legos. Most of today's Legos are already prebuilt bullshit. by the way, your collection is amazing!

thanks dude! next i was thinking about building the really big other pirate sets, all the fortresses and that...if i do i will take pics...i have close ups of the other ships, just didnt upload them...the other ships are: Cross Bone Clipper, Renegade Runner, Imperial Flagship, carribean clipper

the story behind me pulling these out and building them is kinda funny! my brother wayne (F.T.W. (wardogs) on here) came down to san diego over christmas! kept bugging me to pull them out and build them while we were building all of the indiana jones sets i have! well he ended up going back home to san fran, so on new years, this is what i did, built legos and when his ass came down later in january, he saw them built for the first time ever! we are both huge lego nuts!

thought id share!

so expensive

indeed! you have no idea howmuch money i have into the pirate sets! its crazy! i will have them forever and if i have kids they will play with them as long as they are kept in sets...almost all my sets have original boxes...i hunted those down to that i didnt....the most expensive box i bought was $40 i believe

lego pirates is by far the best line of legos ever. they just released a new line of pirate legos that actually somewhat pay homage to the original sets. i was way into these when i was a kid and still have 3 of those ships -- black seas barracuda, skull eye schooner, and caribbean clipper and a bunch of other pirate sets from that era.

lego pirates is by far the best line of legos ever. they just released a new line of pirate legos that actually somewhat pay homage to the original sets. i was way into these when i was a kid and still have 3 of those ships -- black seas barracuda, skull eye schooner, and caribbean clipper and a bunch of other pirate sets from that era.

i totally agree they are the best line of lego ever

i actually have bought 3 of the new ones, still need to get soldiers fort, brickbeards bounty, shipwreck hideout, soldiers aresenal, pirates survival! the new sets are actually pretty cool, the new minifigs are rad!!...the new ship is actually pretty shitty though not many parts and its $100...here is a link to the new ones if anyone wants to see:

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Leaf.aspx?cn=554&d=70

Glad everyone likes, thanks a ton!

just curious, how do you know how many there are in the history of legos? is there a website that lists them all?

these are awesome by the way. i have a HUGE lego collection.

yeah, theres actually a few websites that track the history of all the sets! legos are huge collectors items, especially pirate, forestmen, castle, and space....basically the rad sets from 80s and 90s....almost all of the 55 pirate sets were retail, a few were exclusives or give aways via mail or legoland when it opened...so those are harder to get

there are actually a few sites where you can buy and sell and trade old sets! its basically those sites and ebay!

my parents used to buy me legos for all the holidays of the year. i had a SWEET working train set with like 6 cars i think. eventually, they stopped buying them for me though because i "put them together too fast" meaning i'd open it the night i got it, and it would be done in less than 2 hours, even if it was a huge intricate thing.

i never understood that logic, especially if i played with them afterward (which i did) but i guess i just started my next collection. at the time, that was michael jordan jerseys.

daaamn i've been waiting on these pics. They look awesome. On average for the bigger ones, how long does it take to put them together?

also check this lego digital box thing out (stolen from kanye's blog):

http://blabber-etcetera.blogspot.com/2009/01/whats-in-box-augmented-reality.html

wow, thats rad, thanks for sharing

the 3 ships i have close ups on, they took and average of 3-4 hours! maybe a tad more...they are huge, the pics dont do justice! each one of those ships are about 2 feet or a little longer and a shit ton of pieces!!