PO: Get Up Kids something pink, four minute clear

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

THE GET UP KIDS "Something To Write Home About" LP pink vinyl

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/TGUKSWHAPP-LP-Pink

THE GET UP KIDS "Four Minute Mile" LP clear vinyl

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/DHR047-1b

Alright friends, just got word from one of our distributors that we are getting Something to Write Home About on pink and Four Minute Mile on Clear. As far as I know, these are brand new represses, but let me explain some confusion on my part and how it has affected some of your orders for the lavendar Something to Write Home About. When I posted 100 copies for sale of the lavendar, Doghouse said they would honor my order for that quantity. When I sold through them quickly and asked for more, they said they didn't have enough to sell me more. Fair enough. I recently opened an account with ADA(Doghouse's distributor) and they had copies so I asked for another 100 and posted that in our store. We sold 200 copies. Oddly, Doghouse never sent us out copies and in a scramble I ordered 200 copies from ADA. ADA only had 179 leaving us with 21 backorders. And to this day, Doghouse still has not sent us the 100 we had ordered. And even more weird is that they had asked me to pay them for the 100 they never sent. I really like the people at Doghouse, but I am really disappointed in how they have handled pretty much every order they have had of ours. I have sent repeated emails to them (some of which they have ignored, others, they write and do nothing) and today, I sent an email pretty much calling them out on their repeated fuck ups and how I would hope that they could at least send me 21 copies for the backorders we have.

Why the long story? I just wanted to explain what is going on and why 21 of you do not have copies on lavendar. Email us if you want this pink instead of waiting for a lavendar. Long story short, we have 100 copies on pink STWHA and 50 copies on Clear of Four Minute Mile. We will have them early next week.

I ordered a copy of something to write home about when the preorders first went up at the doghouse webstore on merchnow. I was told it would ship february 12th, so when it didn't after a week or so I emailed them. They said that doghouse had not shipped the records to them yet and they would ship within a few days. Fast forward two weeks and my order is still "processing". I email merchnow again and they say the exact same thing. Doghouse said the records were in the mail and once they received them, the records would ship. Another week goes by and my order is still processing. I email merchnow again, and this time they give me an attitude. Saying they had already told me they would ship when they get the records, which this time they ensured me "the records WILL ship early next week". So judging from Virgil's post, I will not be getting the purple vinyl I ordered, but the pink vinyl.

Which will be pretty fucked.

I ordered a copy of something to write home about when the preorders first went up at the doghouse webstore on merchnow. I was told it would ship february 12th, so when it didn't after a week or so I emailed them. They said that doghouse had not shipped the records to them yet and they would ship within a few days. Fast forward two weeks and my order is still "processing". I email merchnow again and they say the exact same thing. Doghouse said the records were in the mail and once they received them, the records would ship. Another week goes by and my order is still processing. I email merchnow again, and this time they give me an attitude. Saying they had already told me they would ship when they get the records, which this time they ensured me "the records WILL ship early next week". So judging from Virgil's post, I will not be getting the purple vinyl I ordered, but the pink vinyl.

Which will be pretty fucked.

Very similar thing happened to me. They told me (after emailing a couple times and getting the same response as you) that they didn't have enough to cover preorders and were waiting on more before shipping. They finally tell me that it shipped...fast forward a month and I email again. Just a day or two ago they got back to me and said that things must have been lost in the mail and they will ship them out again to me. So frustrating!

I owned a record store from 1999-2008. We used to deal with Doghouse (Lumberjack Distro) a lot when they were putting out good stuff... They constantly fucked up every order. It's been so long that I don't even recall examples did, but it was egregious type shit. So we stopped ordering through them.

Now, a few years later, a kid selling posters or shitty cutlery or something of that nature stops into the store. He's starts telling us how cool the store is and asked who we ordered through. We told him a few places and he announces that he used to work in the Lumberjack/Doghouse warehouse for a few years. We start airing some grievances about how every order was fucked up, CD's weren't shrink wrapped, etc. He started telling stories about how poorly run it all was, and how the used to listen to the CD's and then restock them, etc.

They bought out Mordam, who was pretty much the only place that was on the ball. Sad.

I owned a record store from 1999-2008. We used to deal with Doghouse (Lumberjack Distro) a lot when they were putting out good stuff... They constantly fucked up every order. It's been so long that I don't even recall examples did, but it was egregious type shit. So we stopped ordering through them.

Now, a few years later, a kid selling posters or shitty cutlery or something of that nature stops into the store. He's starts telling us how cool the store is and asked who we ordered through. We told him a few places and he announces that he used to work in the Lumberjack/Doghouse warehouse for a few years. We start airing some grievances about how every order was fucked up, CD's weren't shrink wrapped, etc. He started telling stories about how poorly run it all was, and how the used to listen to the CD's and then restock them, etc.

They bought out Mordam, who was pretty much the only place that was on the ball. Sad.

That's weird because I used to run an online record store and always got stuff from Lumberjack / Doghouse and I don't ever remember having any problems when I'd order from them.

• 1 month later...