Bane - Give Blood

• 14 years later...
2 hours ago, ParallelofDeath said:

Where are the Bane exclusives available? Only at shows?

I believe so, I know they had them last weekend in Boston.

2 hours ago, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

Jeez. Starting at $39 plus shipping? I wanted this, but fuck that noise.

Yeah definitely on the higher side, but it is a very nice release. It's a cool die-cut gatefold that has a photo-book that is built into the gatefold itself rather than an insert.

Might not completely justify the price, but they definitely didn't phone it in.

1 hour ago, kyacrash said:

I believe so, I know they had them last weekend in Boston.

Yeah definitely on the higher side, but it is a very nice release. It's a cool die-cut gatefold that has a photo-book that is built into the gatefold itself rather than an insert.

Might not completely justify the price, but they definitely didn't phone it in.

That's cool and makes a bit of difference, but I do wish they'd have done a basic version for $20 too. I just remember seeing these guys at shitty little art spaces back in the early 2000s with high school bands that never got out of the tri-county area, so it's weird looking at $45ish dollar represses after shipping. I dig the album, but I don't nearly $50 dig it.

47 minutes ago, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

That's cool and makes a bit of difference, but I do wish they'd have done a basic version for $20 too. I just remember seeing these guys at shitty little art spaces back in the early 2000s with high school bands that never got out of the tri-county area, so it's weird looking at $45ish dollar represses after shipping. I dig the album, but I don't nearly $50 dig it.

As much as I agree with you, there is no basic version of any record available for 20 bucks in 2023 though

Edited by xfactor675

14 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

As much as I agree with you, there is no basic version of any record available for 20 bucks in 2023 though

I mean, I get that you're kind of agreeing with me, but if you're buying this shit at this price it's too much.

As far as singke LPs go you can get everything from Dischord, Fat Wreck, a bunch of stuff from polyvinyl and the like around that price, a ton of bands self releasing, and major label stuff like...a month after it releases because it gets discounted hard because nobody wants to pay $30 for the new Ozzy record, Beatles reissue, etc.

Even bump it up to $24 and you see a shit ton of bands putting out basic 1xLPs in that range. $35 plus shipping is outrageous for a single LP and just acting like it's normal to pay those prices will just continue the increase in price from greedy labels.

I'll wait this out, and if I miss it I miss it. But I have a feeling I'll land one below $30 shipped in the near future.

6 minutes ago, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

I mean, I get that you're kind of agreeing with me, but if you're buying this shit at this price it's too much.

As far as singke LPs go you can get everything from Dischord, Fat Wreck, a bunch of stuff from polyvinyl and the like around that price, a ton of bands self releasing, and major label stuff like...a month after it releases because it gets discounted hard because nobody wants to pay $30 for the new Ozzy record, Beatles reissue, etc.

Even bump it up to $24 and you see a shit ton of bands putting out basic 1xLPs in that range. $35 plus shipping is outrageous for a single LP and just acting like it's normal to pay those prices will just continue the increase in price from greedy labels.

I'll wait this out, and if I miss it I miss it. But I have a feeling I'll land one below $30 shipped in the near future.

Nah, I'm not buying this at all, and usually get nonsense in other topics when I argue about prices, so trust me I'm with you.

But expecting 20 on an equal vision release is a bit wild. They are doing 25 bucks single LPs for years now. So yeah the other 14 is the cross die-cut sleeve , and we have arrived🤣 But do I like the trend? obviously not...

Edited by xfactor675