Anyone ever bought records from GEMM?

I have literally bought hundreds of records off GEMM. Major label UK stuff ends up being cheaper than ebay. Everything from Iron Maiden 12 inch singles, Bad Brains import singles to Bauhaus lps and Discharge singles, I have never had a problem.

I keep to few few rules. First, don't sweat the shield thing, go with the feedback. That only means your payment is guaranteed through GEMM. For it they take up to 15% extra. Direct buying through the seller is fine. Just buy from sellers with 4 or 5 stars seller performance rating. Second, the postage rates are unreal. Try to combine shipping whenever possible by checking what else the seller has to offer. You may be surprised.

I have literally bought hundreds of records off GEMM. Major label UK stuff ends up being cheaper than ebay. Everything from Iron Maiden 12 inch singles, Bad Brains import singles to Bauhaus lps and Discharge singles, I have never had a problem.

I keep to few few rules. First, don't sweat the shield thing, go with the feedback. That only means your payment is guaranteed through GEMM. For it they take up to 15% extra. Direct buying through the seller is fine. Just buy from sellers with 4 or 5 stars seller performance rating. Second, the postage rates are unreal. Try to combine shipping whenever possible by checking what else the seller has to offer. You may be surprised.

I was going to mention this. I paid with my debit card to a seller in the UK for a few champion and Bane records. Total was around $60 with shipping (ungodly from the UK), but when the transaction was completed my bank account was deducted closer to $70. I asked why the seller lied about the price, and found out gemm tacks on that little fee.

Emailing the seller is good, or use the site to find a record, find the seller's contact info and buy off their own website or try to work out a deal to cut gemm out as the middle man.

There's a lot of good shit up for sale at Gemm but the prices can really vary from seller to seller. Make sure you try different searches before you decide which one to get. I've seen the exact same record go for €20 and from another guy for €130.

My guess is that a lot of the sellers have no idea of what they're selling so you could probably do a couple of good deals.

Guest markovianprocess
Beware of the seller's catalog. I've found some awesome prices, only to realize their catalog hasn't been updated since 2002.

This is why I've stopped checking GEMM, I was like oh my god! We Have The Facts $20! FUCK 2005! Oh my god! NOFX - Timmy The Turtle $5! FUCK 2002! It's just so disappointing.

i've bought a few things off there, its better for obscure records that aren't really worth anything, than OMG $100 record for $8... because most of the people just copy their distributors release list into the system... and i can tell you places like mordam seemlingly never clear out the OOP releases