Fest 8

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yo

fest is mad fun

i may have to do some planning to get to this one though

the last one i didn't know i was going til like 5 days before, someone offered me a ticket and a ride and i had a chem midterm but who cares

also, bring mad money!

i'm not even old enough to buy venue beers but i still somehow spent 30-40 bucks on them just having other people buy em for me

i ran out of money completely by saturday mid day

i still owe controlthebleeding some reggae shack paddies

i wouldn't bet ont he listed prices for the holiday inn... they raise their rates for the weekend to cover all the damage that inevitably gets done :)

we flew into tampa last year which was alot cheaper than GNV... and rented a big suv.. which worked out great for bringing home all the asbestos staff, heisel + his gf and most of the VC folks after the btmi show

i wouldn't bet ont he listed prices for the holiday inn... they raise their rates for the weekend to cover all the damage that inevitably gets done :)

we flew into tampa last year which was alot cheaper than GNV... and rented a big suv.. which worked out great for bringing home all the asbestos staff, heisel + his gf and most of the VC folks after the btmi show

i remember being in that suv vaguely, and scott heisel buying me a tallboy vaguely.

best night ever.

For those that don't have to shell out for airfare, how much dough should I plan on trying to save? I'll have a new baby, so I won't be buying a lot of records, I'd like to room with someone, so I'm just curious how much entry and everything is. Also, if anyone wants to bunk with me, I'm totally non-obnoxious and (usually) don't pee in the hall.

I think tickets last year were $55 for the weekend. I'm sure you'll be able to get a hotel room with a couple guys for cheap. I'd recommend staying somewhere other than the holiday inn if you're looking for cheap, and don't care about being in the middle of the party. You can eat pretty cheaply here, so that shouldn't be a problem. Minus gas costs, I bet you could have a pretty rockin' weekend for $200-300.

For those that don't have to shell out for airfare, how much dough should I plan on trying to save? I'll have a new baby, so I won't be buying a lot of records, I'd like to room with someone, so I'm just curious how much entry and everything is. Also, if anyone wants to bunk with me, I'm totally non-obnoxious and (usually) don't pee in the hall.

I think tickets last year were $55 for the weekend. I'm sure you'll be able to get a hotel room with a couple guys for cheap. I'd recommend staying somewhere other than the holiday inn if you're looking for cheap, and don't care about being in the middle of the party. You can eat pretty cheaply here, so that shouldn't be a problem. Minus gas costs, I bet you could have a pretty rockin' weekend for $200-300.

Cool. Thanks, Ryan.