Hot Water Music - Where to start?

My favorite has always been Forever and Counting, but maybe that's because it was my introduction to the band.

Forever and Counting is my favorite as well, but I think No Division is the best record to turn someone on to Hot Water Music. It's the exact middle point of their sound. It shows both their post-hardcore sound and their more straightforward stuff. It's the record that made most of my friends start to like them and then embrace most of their stuff. I do prefer their early records, but I think this is a great place to start.

best to "worst" (there is no bad hot water music record)

No Division

Fuel for the hate game

finding the rhythm

forever and counting

a flight and a crash

caution

the new whats next

but in my opinion, just buy Live at the Hardback, their live record from right before no division. Its seriously a "best of" pre no division... then no division came out and nothing could ever top that.. but live at the hardback gives you the best of the best from the first 3 records. its the only live record I can listen too, and the recording is so awesome. the liner notes rule too.

^ That's the way I try to think about band's music. If I'm trying to turn a friend onto a band, I don't go for MY favorites, I go for the most accessible of their catalog, especially if they aren't used to the style the band plays.

For real. I like every Hot Water Music album but I feel that they are very tricky band to recommend to someone because of the fact that they have a lot of albums and they are all pretty different from one another.