Thrice - Beggars

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fucking dubmaverick. he has said before that the purples were sold out, and as far as i know were the first 50 out of 1000. this one is numbered 293/1000. i can almost guarantee you, he pulled one out of the closet and switched it out with another copy

http://cgi.ebay.com/THRICE-BEGGARS-LP-PURPLE-COLOR-SIGNED-BOOK-W-DOWNLOAD_W0QQitemZ130362130269QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item1e5a303f5d

i'm sure he will continue this with the purples seeing as how they are going for so much. They are limited to "50". you'll never know how many are actually out there

I ordered a copy late on this from Nerd Alert and got a blue unnumbered signed copy with DL code. I tried to get a numbered copy from shopradicast and got the same. These were the last copies sent out to retailers and all appear to be blue.

My theory is that when he made such a bundle off the 50 purples he took the numbers off several other copies and made extra purples.

i'm sure he will continue this with the purples seeing as how they are going for so much. They are limited to "50". you'll never know how many are actually out there

I ordered a copy late on this from Nerd Alert and got a blue unnumbered signed copy with DL code. I tried to get a numbered copy from shopradicast and got the same. These were the last copies sent out to retailers and all appear to be blue.

My theory is that when he made such a bundle off the 50 purples he took the numbers off several other copies and made extra purples.

There are also clear green and opaque gray/purple unnumbered/unsigned copies as well.

thrice kinda sucks now. everything after the artist in the ambulance has been boring.

I would have to say that they have gotten far more interesting since Artist, but maybe that's just me...Beggars is an amazing album.

I have to agree... I think Beggars is quite amazing. I've followed Thrice since they were playing small 150 seat venues and I've enjoyed all of their albums... but I'm 30 now and their music has sort of matured with me over the years per say... I seriously think if you enjoy Thrice's early albums but not the newer stuff... you need to revisit it in another 3-5 years and give it another shot. just my opinion of course...

I would have to say that they have gotten far more interesting since Artist, but maybe that's just me...Beggars is an amazing album.

I have to agree... I think Beggars is quite amazing. I've followed Thrice since they were playing small 150 seat venues and I've enjoyed all of their albums... but I'm 30 now and their music has sort of matured with me over the years per say... I seriously think if you enjoy Thrice's early albums but not the newer stuff... you need to revisit it in another 3-5 years and give it another shot. just my opinion of course...

I agree with this. I bought the Vheissu cd back when it came out and, frankly, I couldn't appreciate it at the time; I wanted Artist pt. II. The past year or so I've revisited it, though, and now enjoy it immensely

totally agree.