13/14 Premier League Football Discussion

Sunderland will be humeliated in the final though.

One of the worst penalty shoot outs i've ever seen.

no doubt. West Ham is shit but Sunderland aren't much better, and WH went out 0-9 vs City. i cant imagine a single Hammer fan going to the final, a Wigan part 2 is not gonna happen this year.

my buddy came out over right at the start of the second extra half so i missed the whole end of the game. glad i missed the shootout. sounds like a joke.

So all this talk about United. But seems like they've gotten Mata now which is insane if so...It's the kinda of player they've been needing for a while imo. One thing I'm very curious about though is where they will use Mata. Because if both Rooney and Van Persie is ready then I wonder who will be on the bench, because Mata is most likely gonna play behind the attacker...central midfield and wing isn't his strongest area on the field at least. It shall be interesting to see no matter what. I really don't get why Chelsea hasn't used Mata at all this season, and now they even sold him. He was by far their best player last season, it's insane how such a good player can be benched for half season. But this shall be very interesting, maybe this will lift the whole united team, I kinda fear that. 

Regarding that penalty shoot out. Yea it was pretty terrible...but haha this one was almost as terrible 

• 2 weeks later...

hoping Fulham goes down? that hurts. sure, they fucking blow hard this year, but over a team like Sunderland or Stoke? Hell, i'd be fine with any other team in the bottom half going down besides them. granted i've got a soft spot for them since Dempsey played for them (although he's not doing jack shit for them on loan at the moment) and they're the only PL club i've got to watch in person when me and my wife wen to London.

but thinking harder on this, they really do suck this year.

More for MLS, but Beckham has exercised his option to purchase an MLS expansion team in Miami, FL. I am guessing that no one told him about the failure of The Miami Fusion (which I had season tickets for all three years they were around) and the Tampa Bay Mutiny. D'oh!

http://www.sportingnews.com/soccer/story/2014-02-05/david-beckham-miami-franchise-mls-owner-la-galaxy-soccer-news

MLS is in a very different place than it was then, though. and frankly, so is soccer in the US. his name may not be enough to carry a whole soccer team in a place that hasn't worked before, but it might be just enough to be the extra piece to fix what didn't work before. plus it's not for another few years. this "news" (worse-kept secret in US soccer) has been all over general news sites, radio, etc, spreading the MLS brand. his time at Galaxy did wonders for the league, this could be the same deal, if not bigger. big players would want to play for him/his team, and Miami would be a premo destination for big players with an easier flight back to Europe for family/competitions than a place like LA.

i just cant imagine my Seattle Sounders having to fly out there and back on a weeknight and having to play at home on the weekend or something. brutal.

wooot! How bout that Liverpool match eh? man i hope that cements a 3rd or 4th place finish.

I've gotten over my senseless hate of Arsenal, but that was still awesome. only real bummer for me about the Gunners losing is that gives City another chance to get in front. and Arsenal have a TOUGH month.

yeah a lot of people are writing them off already, and not only is that silly but it's unfair. they've been on top of the league for 128 days and all the sudden they can't win it all? nonsense. i still think Liverpool will finish 4th as well, and frankly, just that Champions League spot is all they're reasonably shooting for.

i still think it's City's title to lose, but Arsenal still have a chance, no question. City have the skill ($$$) but no discipline. and i wouldn't count Chelsea out of it. they're still not playing their best football but they're not dropping as many points as Arsenal and City at the moment.

and United, holy shit. this game against Fulham is UGLY. not only are United getting bad results, they're playing dull, uninspiring, and frankly, just boring soccer. i was thinking United would give Moyes time, but i may be changing my mind. not only are they going to miss Champions League for the first time in PL history, they're not even going to make Europe League at this point. they've been talking about a player-exodus, but coaching staff might be out before them?