13/14 Premier League Football Discussion

Never partied so hard in my life. 

Haha my night was still fairly chilled, i watched the game, cooked a steak and then met the group of people i go to games with at about 10pm in highbury for a couple of drinks. It was awesome. Also went to the parade the next day which was fun. There's a lot to be said for supporting your local team, maybe if the Liverpool and United fans i know lived in Liverpool or Manchester, they might understand why EVERYONE in the area was out all night and complained less. But they don't, so they won't. 

• 2 months later...

bold move with a number of transfers still up in the air. Who you picking to take it this year? It could almost be any of the top 5 given the way some of the transfers have gone

Think you can still make as many transfers as you want for free until the season starts.

I can see Chelsea taking it this year, their strength in depth, a decent striker and their manager will just be enough. It will be close with City though.

1 - Chelsea

2 - Man City

3 - Arsenal

4 - Man U

5 - Liverpool 

With the added pressure of Europe for Liverpool and the lack of Suarez I think they'll struggle a bit more this year. Defence isn't strong enough. Think Van Gal will bring the best out of Man U too and they'll scrape into the top 4.

I can't call it this year. I agree that Chelsea will be hard to beat.  I think Man U will come back very strong this year. They have the benefit of a very easy start to the season (fixtures wise), to get used to Van Gaal's new management. It'll be a great season.

Now that the superhoops are back in the league though,                                       Look out.        COYR's

I can't call it this year. I agree that Chelsea will be hard to beat.  I think Man U will come back very strong this year. They have the benefit of a very easy start to the season (fixtures wise), to get used to Van Gaal's new management. It'll be a great season.

Now that the superhoops are back in the league though,                                       Look out.        COYR's

Hate your manager, love Joey Barton emot-allears.gif

Please sell us Remy.

Barton is basically running the show now. Top lad, has brought back that real team mentality. Him and his pal Steve black who is full time  at the club now, which is brilliant. I'll admit Harry is a bit of tool, but he's one of those classic characters. He'll be retiring this year or the next. 

And, nah we need Remy. Not many strikers on the horizon; currently trying to reach new contract terms with Remy. Not splashing out ridiculous amounts on transfers or wages this time around. Tony's learnt a bit.

Barton is basically running the show now. Top lad, has brought back that real team mentality. Him and his pal Steve black who is full time  at the club now, which is brilliant. I'll admit Harry is a bit of tool, but he's one of those classic characters. He'll be retiring this year or the next. 

And, nah we need Remy. Not many strikers on the horizon; currently trying to reach new contract terms with Remy. Not splashing out ridiculous amounts on transfers or wages this time around. Tony's learnt a bit.

How much is Rio getting paid over at yours?

And Barton will more than likley do something stupid and get sent off, but he's definitely a leader. Our season back in the prem, him and Nolan pretty much were our management team. Great guys!

Don't know exactly how much Rio is getting, but I know it's a lot less then he was ever on, or offered to play elsewhere. Wants to finish his career where it started and with the manger who gave him his prem debut.

He's also apparently going to be a  pundit on motd this year.

Joey managed to get through all of last season without an on-field hiccup, so hoping he will again.

We must have a mix of supporters from different teams here. Who do you all think your top point scorer on fantasy football will be for your team? Looking for a few hidden gems for my team!

For Newcastle, if De Jong can stay fit I think he's going to be up there this season as one of the best.

NIce, QPR:  if we keep Remy I'd say he'd be up there, But at only 6M - Austin could be a good shout if he handles the step up to the prem well as he's a brilliant finisher. Hoilett is also a very cheap 5M, and has been really effective playing in the hole in preseason (Taarabt could steal his position though). Caulker is also a good nailed on defensive option for 5m, who will score goals as well.

We must have a mix of supporters from different teams here. Who do you all think your top point scorer on fantasy football will be for your team? Looking for a few hidden gems for my team!

For Newcastle, if De Jong can stay fit I think he's going to be up there this season as one of the best.

For Chelsea, Azpilicueta could definitely be a good defensive option.

Everyone else costs a fortune, so no sleepers, but Costa will put up big numbers. 

Hoping for Oscar to stay strong the ENTIRE season this time.