13/14 Premier League Football Discussion

Haha it's all good, you know it's pretty awesome that they show all of the PL here in the US. In England they're not allowed to broadcast any of the 3pm Saturday matches, well at least that's how it was last time I was living there.

I've been to one MLS game, and the standard was pretty poor for the cost of the tickets so I probably won't go too often.

Also, don't stop supporting a club because they put out a dodgy kit. Stick to your roots.

Haha it's all good, you know it's pretty awesome that they show all of the PL here in the US. In England they're not allowed to broadcast any of the 3pm Saturday matches, well at least that's how it was last time I was living there.

I've been to one MLS game, and the standard was pretty poor for the cost of the tickets so I probably won't go too often.

Also, don't stop supporting a club because they put out a dodgy kit. Stick to your roots.

Nah, no 3pm games. Worst idea ever, i don't really know what the deal is with it.

I thought I read somewhere that they don't broadcast the 3pm matches in an attempt to get fans out to the lower league matches...or something like that.

I lived in Salt Lake for 6 years but don't have ties beyond my in-laws being there. Still, might as well stick with RSL since I'm out there once in a while visiting and can get to a match. It would be awesome if the Twin Cities gets an expansion team in 3-4 years in the new Vikings stadium.

• 2 weeks later...

Oops. It would be cool to find the Championship playoffs on TV somewhere. Maybe Fox1 or 2.

I work with a guy who is a HUGE Arsenal fan. The amount of hatred he has for Tottenham is amusing/frightening. It's like they are a subhuman species or something. Also, the smack talk and creative taunts that football fans come up with is hilarious.

Not the most stylish way to win a football match, but hey, I'll take it.

rlbcxutzttorf0qhjbcq.gif

I went mental when this happened (being a boro fan) apparently the bobble was caused by a bottle cap. Whatever, our season has been over since the Blackburn game.

Some rebuilding in the summer and we'll be up the top next season, getting promoted back to where we belong.

I can't believe some "bigger" clubs haven't come in for George Friend yet, needs to work on some parts of his game but he is top quality. 

I went mental when this happened (being a boro fan) apparently the bobble was caused by a bottle cap. Whatever, our season has been over since the Blackburn game.

Some rebuilding in the summer and we'll be up the top next season, getting promoted back to where we belong.

I can't believe some "bigger" clubs haven't come in for George Friend yet, needs to work on some parts of his game but he is top quality. 

I would take Friend all day long. Quality. Used to enjoy watching MIddlesbrough in '04 with Jimmy floyd and viduka up front. Young Stewart downing wasn't too bad either.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Alex S (and other Arsenal fans):

Walcott is out for 6 months, will miss the rest of the season and the World Cup.

i was just thinking over the weekend, "man, if this guy could could just stay healthy for a whole season he'd be in conversations of current best players in the world but he cant see to stay healthy for more than a few weeks at a time".

huge blow for the gunners considering their current string of injuries. and he was playing great football, sad e wont get to see him for the world cup.

Sorry to quote this post which was 3 months ago, but I was just reading back on this thread and I had to comment on this.

There is probably no way in which he will be considered one of the best players in the world. To be the best, you've got to have the skill/technique to change a game by yourself, and he definitely doesn't have that. 

To me, he's a pretty one-dimensional player who's good at what he does, which is to utilise his pace to stretch the defence and run on to through balls. That means when teams play deep and pack the box, his threat is pretty much nullified.