13/14 Premier League Football Discussion

Just when you thought 6-3 away to city was bad, spurs lose 5-0 at home to liverpool HAHAHA.

Also, without blaming the loss on it (we defended poorly and were knackered following Napoli) some of the decisions against us at city were appalling. it literally could have ended 6-6.

I'm a Stoke City fan and I was just happy to see them take a tie on Saturday. Played a pretty dull game. Overall, I'm a little disappointed that Marko Arnautovic hasn't panned out quite as anticipated. Hopefully, they make a move for a striker in the upcoming transfer time, too.

I feel sorry for you that you have to put up with that twat Mark Hughes. Was a great player, but an all round dickhead and a fucking terrible manager. .

(QPR Fan - incase you couldn't tell)

We had a good weekend. - Top of the league.

Harry will get it done. i miss that dude.

When does the schedule (er..fixture) come out for 14-15? After this season ends in May? I'm hoping to take a trip to see Goodison and as much of GB as I can in August when everything starts up. One thing I'm noticing being a new fan...they don't mess around. Coaches are on a short leash.

Go Everton!

When does the schedule (er..fixture) come out for 14-15? After this season ends in May? I'm hoping to take a trip to see Goodison and as much of GB as I can in August when everything starts up. One thing I'm noticing being a new fan...they don't mess around. Coaches are on a short leash.

Go Everton!

Can't remember exactly when but i think you'll be waiting until june/july. Unfortunately the done thing by clubs these days is (for league games at least) to require prospective ticket-buyers to have a club membership in order to do so, so you might wanna look into that, it won't be more than £10-15 and may not even be something Everton do but you'd best check as tickets will go really fast and you don't want to be fucking about with that on the day they go on sale.

I'm a Stoke City fan and I was just happy to see them take a tie on Saturday. Played a pretty dull game. Overall, I'm a little disappointed that Marko Arnautovic hasn't panned out quite as anticipated. Hopefully, they make a move for a striker in the upcoming transfer time, too.

Fuck stoke.

http://youtu.be/LZovQocCC0c

What fucking terrible game tonight. I knew it would be with Mourinho coming to the Emirates, with a squad that good i can't believe he still pulls this boring, negative shit. The ref had a terrible night too, blatant red card ignored, blatant penalty ignored, shocking! Still, 2nd on goal difference with city and liverpool playing on thursday, we could be top by friday, crazy season so far!

What fucking terrible game tonight. I knew it would be with Mourinho coming to the Emirates, with a squad that good i can't believe he still pulls this boring, negative shit. The ref had a terrible night too, blatant red card ignored, blatant penalty ignored, shocking!   crazy season so far!

agreed, that game was painful to watch, the only thing worse was that ref. he's not the best in the league, but he might have had his worst game... looking forward to better matches come thursday...

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Alex S (and other Arsenal fans):

Walcott is out for 6 months, will miss the rest of the season and the World Cup.

i was just thinking over the weekend, "man, if this guy could could just stay healthy for a whole season he'd be in conversations of current best players in the world but he cant see to stay healthy for more than a few weeks at a time".

huge blow for the gunners considering their current string of injuries. and he was playing great football, sad e wont get to see him for the world cup.

Walcott is out for 6 months, will miss the rest of the season and the World Cup.

i was just thinking over the weekend, "man, if this guy could could just stay healthy for a whole season he'd be in conversations of current best players in the world but he cant see to stay healthy for more than a few weeks at a time".

huge blow for the gunners considering their current string of injuries. and he was playing great football, sad e wont get to see him for the world cup.

Sucks with Walcott for sure and the strings of injuries is starting to look quite bad...It's getting close to look like last season. But aslong Mertesacker, Koscielny and Sagna are fit then we aren't completely screwed. A lot of the victories in this season has been thanks to good defence rather than good offense. We have been without Walcott a big part of the season already, so I'm sure that is not the thing that will tip the scale. I'm more concerned about if Giroud would pick up a serious injury, then we would have no top striker (I don't think podolski counts as one, he doesn't play like a top striker)...but yea, Giroud, Ox and Ramsey will all be back soon, and Gnabry looked quite dangerous against spurs, so actually it doesn't worry me that much Walcott is out, but it's a damn shame for sure. 

Seems like it will be a close run in the top this season. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

He's missed two world cups now due to injury. Shame, I was hoping he'd do good for us this summer!

Nah, wasn't picked for the last one. 

Yeah i'm really sad, more sad for him than for the team. Not gonna lie, he adds a lot, especially late on in games but i disagree with the idea that a full season would potentially put him amongst the best in the world, i personally don't think he'll ever reach that level. I think he could have a few seasons with 15 goals but for every goal or assist is a heap of absolute frustration - this is from someone who watches him every other week live and sees stuff the cameras don't. He's not a particularly clever player, the guy can finish but in terms of being a constant threat, he just doesn't have it in him. Gnabry has the potential to be much, much better than Theo, he tore spurs apart with very little playing time prior to the game, he's quick, can skin defenders and play the killer pass. My biggest disappointment over Theo's injury is that we won't get to have him play down the middle with Gnabry out wide, they were awesome together at the weekend and seemed a genuine option in Giroud's absence. 

Nah, wasn't picked for the last one. 

My bad! still, massive shame for both England & Arsenal. Another spot open though, possibly for Zaha? If Moyes lets him play after running through his daughter haha. £15m and he's only started a hand full of games though, somethings up there. I'd like to see him play somewhere else and that could help him if he's playing first team football.