13/14 Premier League Football Discussion

I'd really just like to thank David Moyes for turning my weekend around. Holy shit he is such a bad manager.

as a mild United fan, it's been as equally entertaining as it is frustrating. it's like watching an exotic car explode into flames, it's tragic, but also fascinating and beautiful to watch.

hope you didn't waste your time watching it, it was a snoozer. had it on in the background while Liverpool was playing and every time i glanced at it it was just painful. sad that the best Arsenal team in years couldn't beat the worst Man United team in years AND neither of them could look any less interested in playing at their potential. hope that it was just an off day for them or the pressure was too intense or something. 

Arsenal need Ramsey and Theo back, and United, well, yeah. 

Save a thought for me, i sat through that in the stands in 0 degrees and couldn't feel my hands by the end. Honestly, though, i thought we went for it second half, first was terrible without a doubt. Also, should have had a fucking pen, Vidic gets away with everything, every game. I'll take point from that game, they have quality players who can win games like that but we shut them up, that rapist they bought off us made 14 passes all game and all Rooney did was cry to the ref until the ref told him to fuck off after half an hour.

sadly (not for you obviously) Liverpool has been sooo inconsistent with winning games like that. I can usually tell within 10 minutes that they'll win or lose, and during that game, it was only 5 minutes in before i realized it was going to be one of those games. You can tell by the looks on their faces, the direction on the field, it was just a 95% performance when they needed all 100 to get that back-to-back against a team like Arsenal.

As did arsenal with bayern. two controversial / bad refereeing decisions knock 2 English team out then....

Professional fouls are always red cards. I would agree with the opinion that if they are inside the box and the result is that the team gets a penalty then it's not really denying a goalscoring opportunity and should probably just be a foul/yellow. However, those are the rules. I never expected City or Arsenal to progress past this round regardless, though it is kinda unlucky.

Professional fouls are always red cards. I would agree with the opinion that if they are inside the box and the result is that the team gets a penalty then it's not really denying a goalscoring opportunity and should probably just be a foul/yellow. However, those are the rules. I never expected City or Arsenal to progress past this round regardless, though it is kinda unlucky.

Szcz wasn't a professional foul. Not in a million years. Demichelis' was, he wasn't getting the ball and made a decision to deliberately stop that player having a chance to score by fouling them, that deserved a red and a penalty (for argument's sake let's say it was in the area) because it was entirely deliberate. 

By the letter of the law, Szcz unfortunately had to go but i genuinely don't think anyone would have argued had he been given a yellow and Bayern a penalty. It wasn't deliberate, it was a ball he was 100% entitled to go for and he even pulls out of the challenge when he realises he's not going to get it. I thought it was a perfect situation for common sense to prevail in such a massive game but clearly that ref didn't think so. Up until that point we were bossing them aside from Kroos' shot in the first couple of mins, the missed pen definitely took the wind out of our sails but the penalty and red card just killed the game. The atmosphere was still awesome, though and the card display at the beginning looked SO cool.

As did arsenal with bayern. two controversial / bad refereeing decisions knock 2 English team out then....

I don't think any of them were bad refereeing decisions tbh. They just followed the present laws, nothing to say about it. Haha, the red card was bound to happen in the city game. I was just waiting for Demichelis to make a foul like that, it makes absolute no sense why Pellegrini has such a profound love for him since he is a rather rubbish CB, slow as hell and I knew Barcelona would take advantage of that at some point in the game.

Szcz red card was a bit disappointing but if the referee had to give the penalty then he had to give the red card as well. Rules are rules and it was fair enough to give him a red card by those rules, but it sucks since it completely ruined the game. I believe they should change those rules, so you could just get a yellow in such a situation where the goal keeper has no intent of hitting the player...But yea, I won't blame on the referee we lost that game, I think he did good job overall. Bad luck really, but I would never expect us to progress against Bayern, only hope for it....I seriously wonder why Arsenal keep having such shit luck with this Champions League finals draw.

Anyways, fantastic game against Sunderland. Wonderful goal by Mozart <3 Definitely one of the best Arsenal goals this season if not the best...seriously, I hope that guy stays in the club until the end of the career, always loved him as a player.

The game that is going on atm with Liverpool against Swansea is fairly interesting :) I hope Swansea can steal some points from them...haha, I met a group of people that claimed that Liverpool has the best defence in PrL, no idea how they found their way to such a conclusion. They might have the worst defence of all the top 7 teams...But they probably have the best offence of all the top 7 teams.

I seriously wonder why Arsenal keep having such shit luck with this Champions League finals draw.

Because we keep finishing second in our group. Had we sat back and taken a draw at home to Dortmund, we'd be playing a weaker team. But we didn't and we don't, so no one to blame but ourselves!

Because we keep finishing second in our group. Had we sat back and taken a draw at home to Dortmund, we'd be playing a weaker team. But we didn't and we don't, so no one to blame but ourselves!

But you must admit it's kinda funny. We've had seriously shit luck with the draws this year, but done well so far. You're right about the Champions League thing, but as far I recall then last year it was one of those times where it didn't matter if you would end up no.1 or 2 in the group since there was a good chance you would meet a great side no matter what...but of course we got Bayern Munich, and we've gotten Barcelona twice and it was in their prime time...Yea, things would had been different if we had played better against Napoli in that last game (Still annoys me how the stragegy for that game seem to be that we tried to get a 0-0 result)

I can't believe that PrL is still so super close. This could end up being the most exciting league ending ever. So many teams are still close to the bottom and 4 teams could win the league atm. 

Got tickets to my first ever soccer match (RSL vs Colorado). Psyched about that. Not so excited about the godawful new kit RSL put out today.

Might have to become a Portland fan since I really like the two they released. Especially the green one, although I wish it didn't have the collar.