What's your elusive record?

I have a Danny Vapid collection, but there are two LPs I cannot seem to find, Sludgeworth's Wha's This? and the Methadones 21st Century Power Pop Riot.

However, I've come close to scoring Power Pop Riot several times. One time I saw 2 on ebay, but there were no buy it nows. Then I saw a new one at No Idea and ordered it. But there was no response from No Idea for several days (on vacation). When the response came they said it was sold out and the ebay auctions ended.

I've been combing the internet trying to find this record. Found one at a website called tower.com. However, since it takes 3-5 weeks to ship, I believe that they don't actually have it in stock. So even though I paid for it, I decided to keep looking. There was one on Gemm and one on Musicstack. I went to get the one of Gemm, but it was gone. Then I got the one from Musicstack, only to find out later by email that it was the same one from Gemm and someone else beat me to it by hours.

I will find this LP someday.. I haven't heard it and wish to hear it first on LP. I know CDs are available..

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Round these parts, we call those "White Whales". Mine's the Ink & Dagger Vampire Killer box set. It was all their 7"s in an engraved wooden box with an authentic wooden stake covered in blood inside. Only 5 were made.

I also would really like Modest Mouse's The Lonesome Crowded West but that's more a matter of not spending ~$175 on an album.

That methadones record is that hard to find now? I sold mine for like 8 bucks. Maybe Justin Communique could help you track one down.

Mr Moon, did you track down one of these:

Methadones - Exit 17 7" Black [insubordination Fest 2009/Test Press W/ Ramones cover]

I ordered the normal cover through VC. I'm not interested in test presses or alternative covers. I have very limited space. At one point I had copies of Phase 3 and Invasion USA on 2 different colors, but I sent the extras to a friend. This way they both get listened to (and black vinyl is cooler than pee vinyl)

but thank you for asking, i appreciate it

Panic - Demo 7" from the reunion show. I've only seen it on ePay once and I got out bid. 500 pressed so it's not really rare per say, just can't seem to find one. The reunion show was in Sweden I think, so it's a Euro record.

Limp Wrist - Japanese Tour One-Sided 12"...only a handful sold in the US. It's hard to find pressing information for the record. It was recently released in the US and in Europe. I'd still like to get a hold of the tour version though.

Those are my current white whales.

That methadones record is that hard to find now? I sold mine for like 8 bucks. Maybe Justin Communique could help you track one down.

Mr Moon, did you track down one of these:

Methadones - Exit 17 7" Black [insubordination Fest 2009/Test Press W/ Ramones cover]

I sold my 21CPPR for like 8 bucks also, but I wish I kept it. I need to pick up another copy.

Mine is Marilyn's Vitamins : Squeegee Girl (7")

Not sure it's worth much (not many people know this great Canadian punk band from the late 90's), but since it's a band that isn't around anymore and actually wasn't around for too long, it's making it very difficult to find! I think there's a few board members (mainly from Canada) who has it...so I'm hoping that one day they want to sell it! haha

Guest drawthecurtains

bastard - wind of pain

i dont think ill be getting this anytime soon

along with

pissed happy children - pissed playground

ive had several chances to get this, but each time something ended up fucking me over, hopefully i'll be getting this on my hands soon.

Not really a white whale but its certainly eluding me:

Jawbox - Tools & Chrome 7" on white in purple sleeve. I have the other 2 versions and see them for sale all the time, but for some reason, this one (which is exactly as rare as the other two) has snuck under my radar.

Also maybe Cease Upon The Capitol - The End of History CD-r looked for it a long time and finally bought it. Turned out that it was a pre-release version I didn't even know existed. Still looking for the official one.