Top 5 bands period.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because these aren't "good bands"

these are supposed to be the best 5 bands ever, in your opinion.

i just don't see how a band that's been around for a year could be the best ever, when they haven't even had time to put out more than an album or two.

congratulations on winning the 'dumbest and most contradictory post of the day' award. ;D

i just don't see how a band that's been around for a year could be the best ever, when they haven't even had time to put out more than an album or two.

I disagree.

To start with your top 5 bands is a very different list to the best 5 bands of all time.

Secondly, it all depends on what you take in to account to choose them. If you are looking at the best bands of all time do you look at popularity? the number of album sales? Size of back catalog, if that's the case then many of the bands mentioned in this thread do not count. If you are looking at the bands that just grab you by the balls and make you scream fuck yeah then it doesn't matter if they have released 15 albums or nothing at all.

This opinion is moronic, especially considering Texas is the Reason made your list. Considering they only have one album and a handful of EPs/splits that were all released between 95-96. So were you to say in 96 that TITR was one of your top five band period, yourself from the future would call bullshit on yourself from 96.

I disagree.

To start with your top 5 bands is a very different list to the best 5 bands of all time.

Secondly, it all depends on what you take in to account to choose them. If you are looking at the best bands of all time do you look at popularity? the number of album sales? Size of back catalog, if that's the case then many of the bands mentioned in this thread do not count. If you are looking at the bands that just grab you by the balls and make you scream fuck yeah then it doesn't matter if they have released 15 albums or nothing at all.

this. there are many ways to define a band as your "top favorite"...not everyone digs old school punk/rock despite the fact everyone thinks we should be worshiping bands like Zep, Beatles, Ramones, etc.

since everyone's criteria are different there's no reason to argue or talk shit on this thread.

if people would stop trying so hard to be "cool", this board would be a million times better. can't we all just get a bong?

I disagree.

this. there are many ways to define a band as your "top favorite"...not everyone digs old school punk/rock despite the fact everyone thinks we should be worshiping bands like Zep, Beatles, Ramones, etc.

since everyone's criteria are different there's no reason to argue or talk shit on this thread.

if people would stop trying so hard to be "cool", this board would be a million times better. can't we all just get a bong?

But....but...if I ain't cool on the internet, what else do I have... ;D

Seriously though, the fact that no one has mentioned the Jonas Brothers or Miley Cyrus instantly negates your list(s). :P

i think it's funny how people really list bands that haven't even been around for more than a year or two.

Adam, u have to take in to account that some people are getting into the whole punk rock genre or any other genre for that matter, and may not have the best knowledge except for what they know right now. Also sometimes people may have just started listening to a band and are really into them, and that may be there band of choice at the moment. age is another thing to take into account.

I see where you are coming from, but you have to take these factors in to account. everyone is like this at some point in their lives.

i dont like the idea that bands are supposed to be "better" than others.

i just listed the bands that either i like the most, ive listened to the most, have changed my tastes etc...

not bands that are supposed to be "good", like i realize as far as punk goes that the clash are supposed to be the best band ever, and I like them, but not nearly as much the bands i listed.

i think it's funny how people really list bands that haven't even been around for more than a year or two.

Adam, u have to take in to account that some people are getting into the whole punk rock genre or any other genre for that matter, and may not have the best knowledge except for what they know right now. Also sometimes people may have just started listening to a band and are really into them, and that may be there band of choice at the moment. age is another thing to take into account.

I see where you are coming from, but you have to take these factors in to account. everyone is like this at some point in their lives.

makes sense

i lose