BRAND NEW "DEVIL AND GOD" 180G 2XLP - OUT 03.16

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From page 17:

Hey everyone,

We are in the process of working with the band on making this release exactly what they want. That being said, we are going to have to postpone the pre-order tomorrow. I really hate doing this, but I'd rather post a pre-order on a product I know is already approved for production rather than having to wait on approvals that may take a while.

I'll post more on this as soon as I hear back from the band, but I didn't want to keep you guys hanging tomorrow.

I hope you understand and are still excited, this release is going to be so beautiful!

Thanks,

RJ // AFS

Kinda glad that the pre-order has been postponed. Works out better for my next payday.

How about the payday after that? Or the one after that? Or...

Yeah... I hate to be a negative Nancy, but I wouldn't be surprised if this release never saw the light of day. The fact it wasn't bumped back, like last time, but flat out (indefinitely) postponed until otherwise notified is a little unsettling.

I wonder what the band-related reason for delay could be for.

Kinda glad that the pre-order has been postponed. Works out better for my next payday.

How about the payday after that? Or the one after that? Or...

Yeah... I hate to be a negative Nancy, but I wouldn't be surprised if this release never saw the light of day. The fact it wasn't bumped back, like last time, but flat out (indefinitely) postponed until otherwise notified is a little unsettling.

I wonder what the band-related reason for delay could be for.

Like I said, Jesse Lacey has to clean out his bathtub of all the d&g pre-order money he already has to make room for this one.

Also, he's now charging $1 for lyric sheets.

Or it's just Brand New being Brand New, and they're trying to be overly complicated. I bet when this is finally released, it will be exactly the same as it was today.

Best reasons I can think of.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I'm well aware that Brand New isn't exactly the most motivated group of guys, and thus rely on bumping back deadlines way too often... but with everything, all the time? It just gets old. Maybe that's just me. Not trying to play the blame game, but the whole wait a month... canceled the day before routine is a little overdone at this point.

If it were any other record, I probably wouldn't care as much. But the fact so many people are going to immediately swam AFS, and/or purchase ridiculous quantities to flip has me on my toes, for this release. I wish they'd just release this shit and get it over with.