Youth in Revolt

Somewhat related: is the book any good?

the book and the semi sequel are fuckng great.

i think they both take place in CA, oakland more specifically, and i believe the movie takes place in brooklyn, or something. who knows, fuck off who cares.

The movie takes place in Oakland as well.

I have two free passes to see a pre-screening of this tonight however there are two things that are pressuring me not to go: bad weather and I need to prepare for a job interview (internal) that's at 8am in the morning the following day. What to do... what to do....

The movie runs close to two hours, so that should get you home around 10pm. I think it'd be good to see this movie and get your mind off the interview bit. You'll laugh and have a good time. If the weather isn't too bad I say go!

i'll be downloading it. i might wait awhile because i've just recently started watching arrested for the first time and i'm on the verge of cera overload.

movie looks pretty cute. i like that it's rated R and not some weak ass pg 13 teen movie bs. it's aiming for that 'superbad' demo which i much prefer to the 'nick and norah' demographic.

Saw this tonight with P-Fresh -- it was pretty good. A little slow in the beginning, but once Michael Cera's alter ego shows up, shit gets really funny pretty quick. It's not a joke-a-minute like the way the previews are advertising it, though; it actually reminded me quite a bit of Adventureland in its pacing and storytelling, although this was a bit more light-hearted than that movie.