What was your first ever record purchase?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in November of 2000 i placed an interpunk order for NOFX- pump up the valiuum, Groovie Ghoulies- Planet Brian Jones, and Green Day- Minority. this was before i even had a record player, i asked my parents for a stereo with one for x-mas and knew i was getting one so i ordered these records and then my next order was for MTX- Road to Ruin, Squirtgun- Jingle Bell Rock, and Lillingtons- I Lost My Marbles. interpunk also sent me a free Nooner/Houseboy 7" with one of those orders

NOFX - "Fuck The Kids" 7" (mailorder green) and Propagandhi "How to Clean a Couple of Things" 7"

Later that year (1996) I picked up HOFX in a shop in Kingston in the UK, opened it up, had my mind blown and began a moderate collection. The quantites of which have ebbed and flowed throughout the past 15 years.

I interpret the question to be first ever vinyl.

The first vinyl I ever bought was Hofx for 5$. It was in 1995 or 1996, can't remember. I had a radio show on a local radio station, and our membership card to the radio station gave us 10% at 'Le sanctuaire du Punk', a vinyl punk store I had never been too downtown. I always wanted to have a vinyl, so I went their with my friend, he got The Bouncing Souls Maniacal Laughter, and I got HOFX. When I bought it, I thought it was two records on 1 vinyl. It never occurred to me that they could put only 2 songs on a record, so I tough it was to records (drugs are good and we ain't shit) form NOFX I've never heard of!

First record I owned? - Some eddie money single. First record I bought? - Nirvana- Sliver single.

First tape I owned? - Bruce Springsteen "Born in the USA". First tape purchased with my own money? Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet

First CD I owned? Alice In Chains - Dirt. First CD I bought for myself - The Queers- Move Back Home (I didn't get a CD player until my senior year of high school. Tapes were still abundant up until then).

my mom got me Murphy's Law's self titled record when i was maybe 14 or 15 when i used to just listen to her old records on her turntable. then about exactly a year ago i pre ordered the Hostage Calm full length because they're one of my favorite local bands and i thought it would be cool to have their record. then i started buying a few other local releases, and soon after i just started buying exclusively records.