We Need Transparency (an open letter to Virgil)

This board seems obsessed with two of the things that I think are vinyl collecting at their worst - preorders and multiple limited variants. When I see people with ten copies of the same record, and less than a 100 records it makes me think that they aren't in it for the music. It's just beanie-babies to them.

Mr. Mean 4 prez.

This is really a weird thing going on here.... and it's not easy to deal with this for everyone involved for sure.

I love Vinyl Collective and I think Virgil is a great guy. I am spending quite some money on purchasing records from here in Germany, and I really appreciate Virgil being so open minded and ordering records from our label in Germany.

However, it is a fact that we have not reveived any payment at all since we started shipping records to VC - which is more than 2 years ago. Around 1 out of 20 e-mails I have sent to VC is being replied, always discussing the same questions over and over again, and this is happening for such a long time now.

I really hope this is going to be sorted out some way soon, because the situation is exactly like some people have written: We need the money to keep our label going, and it's not only about the records themselves, it's also about shipping hundreds of records from Germany to the US which we had to spend a lot of money for. For us this has become a problem a long time ago already, and there is no progress until today.

I keep my fingers crossed that this will all work out well, that VC gets this sorted out and everyone gets the money he is supposed to get. This is a great place for vinyl lovers, and VC is a great place for purchasing records. But this problem has to be sorted out, obviously not only for us.

, it's also about shipping hundreds of records from Germany to the US which we had to spend a lot of money for. For us this has become a problem a long time ago already, and there is no progress until today.

you not only sent out records on consignment but also shipped them overseas out of your own pocket? thats quite generous of you. I havent found any overseas labels who would do that with my distro. I just thought it was standard practice to at least pay the shipping up front, and then take the records on consignment.

When I see people with ten copies of the same record, and less than a 100 records it makes me think that they aren't in it for the music. It's just beanie-babies to them.

Seriously, I think this might be the single best thing ever written on this board, and certainly in this thread.

When I see people with ten copies of the same record, and less than a 100 records it makes me think that they aren't in it for the music. It's just beanie-babies to them.

Seriously, I think this might be the single best thing ever written on this board, and certainly in this thread.

I am ready for VC to fall. Ever since they shipped my records and forgot to add my Razorcake i said fuck 'em and their 15 variants of Good Mourning.

Who would have thought that pushing cash grabs and pre order's that take upwards of 6 months while over extending your self and putting out shitty band's records was a bad business plan.

Since I am a nice guy who knows quite a bit about how it feels to be a screw up and a failure I am willing to offer some ideas to help out your financial situation.

1) Beer Coozie for a year subscription. Someone gives you money now and every month they get a new beer coozie, now I bet you are wondering what someone would do with 12 Beer Coozies. Get Sorosis of the liver!

2) Charge a membership fee for the forum. If you think people won't pay you can always offer them free downloads with their membership, Think about it, 1.99 per month x The number of complete morons that come to this forum? Good bye financial problems hello early retirement.

3) I hear there's a Nigerian prince who needs to get some of his money out of the country.

4) Washed up Singer 7" of the month club. How cool would it be to get a 7" from a band like Big Country or Haircut 100 every month? This is a win win for everyone. You get money, idiots get records and Biz Markee can feel good about himself for putting out music again instead of being on "Hip Hop Holdem"

5) Roulette. I hear if you guess the right number you get like 35 times your money back.

Who would have thought that pushing cash grabs and pre order's that take upwards of 6 months while over extending your self and putting out shitty band's records was a bad business plan.

Since I am a nice guy who knows quite a bit about how it feels to be a screw up and a failure I am willing to offer some ideas to help out your financial situation.

1) Beer Coozie for a year subscription. Someone gives you money now and every month they get a new beer coozie, now I bet you are wondering what someone would do with 12 Beer Coozies. Get Sorosis of the liver!

2) Charge a membership fee for the forum. If you think people won't pay you can always offer them free downloads with their membership, Think about it, 1.99 per month x The number of complete morons that come to this forum? Good bye financial problems hello early retirement.

3) I hear there's a Nigerian prince who needs to get some of his money out of the country.

4) Washed up Singer 7" of the month club. How cool would it be to get a 7" from a band like Big Country or Haircut 100 every month? This is a win win for everyone. You get money, idiots get records and Biz Markee can feel good about himself for putting out music again instead of being on "Hip Hop Holdem"

5) Roulette. I hear if you guess the right number you get like 35 times your money back.

To All who read this thread...this is my point exactly

(keep bringing the hate and smite)