CONVERGE - JANE DOE Repress & Reissue & More Official Thread!

In the end and going back to the "anyone who takes my money for a product that doesn't exist" reference, outside of the delays the release suffered, Deathwish delivered on their product. You paid for the records and you got them. Sure, longer than expected, but they exist and arrived.

True, but I'm not blaming them for that. I'm just saying that people who give labels money for a record have a right to be concerned when it takes a third of a year to be delivered. They're not "haters", they're just concerned consumers. Like I said, Death Wish came through, but that's not always the case not matter how legit they seem or have been in the past.

Holy shit. If you're worried about being a "consumer," you are involved in the wrong scene. You are official kicked out of punx.

Punx like to get ripped off? If that's what punk is, I wish someone would have told me in 1987 so I could have just stuck with listening to hip hop because I'm not okay with someone making off my with monies (or my bitches).

I guess this was inevitable wasn't it? No matter what, Deathwish was not going to be able to please everybody. I'm sure they knew that going on.

Martin brings up some great points, I must admit, about the Record Collecting hobby in general. The secondary market IS totally fucking out of control. That's why I am personally pleased with this record, this pre-order and everything: I've wanted a copy of Jane Doe on vinyl for years. Never did get lucky enough to score an EVR "OG" because I could never justify paying those prices. But now? My collection feels a little more "complete" because I was lucky enough to get not one, but two, copies of this long desired record into my collection.

One thing I don't agree with is that it isn't "fun" anymore to collect records. For me it's great fun and I can't imagine not doing it. Sure, I've only gotten serious about the hobby within the last year but in that year I've gotten my hands on some records I've wanted for a long time (without having to pay crazy prices...I got lucky), made some friends, started a record blog that I absolutely love updating/writing and generally enjoyed the hell out of myself.

Everybody's entitled to their opinion and all that, but I don't see the problem with DW/Tre/Jake at all. They have put up with a LOT of shit through all this and never been anything but upfront to US...the people who buy their stuff. If more labels/businesses were as helpful to their customers as DW things would be a whole hell of a lot better IMO.

Yeah, they got stung by the pressing plant problems but they never ran and hid. They kept as informed as they could. And I salute them for that.

Yeah. I guess when a group of people poor their heart and soul into putting something together and it takes a bit longer to make it happen the way they envision it and I ended up getting exactly what I payed for except for the fact that a color was a bit different, I'd be super pissed too.

One thing I don't agree with is that it isn't "fun" anymore to collect records. For me it's great fun and I can't imagine not doing it. Sure, I've only gotten serious about the hobby within the last year but in that year I've gotten my hands on some records I've wanted for a long time (without having to pay crazy prices...I got lucky), made some friends, started a record blog that I absolutely love updating/writing and generally enjoyed the hell out of myself.

Now hold up. I didn't say that record collecting wasn't fun. I said it wasn't fun to have to pay huge prices for records that came out last week on eBay because of artificial scarcity. There is nothing more fun than finding a record you've looked for forever in a crate or even on eBay.

I don't collect color variations of records. I only buy them to listen to. If they're rare, cool. If they're on colored vinyl, cool. But other collectors try to collect every color and when a label put out 7 different colors variations it's obvious that it's going to burn people out pretty quick on collecting.

I want to see vinyl collecting continue to grow and thrive. I want labels to continue to put it out. I want there to be a continued excitement for it. If you dilute the last thing then the previous two will follow.

Now hold up. I didn't say that record collecting wasn't fun. I said it wasn't fun to have to pay huge prices for records that came out last week on eBay because of artificial scarcity. There is nothing more fun than finding a record you've looked for forever in a crate or even on eBay.

I don't collect color variations of records. I only buy them to listen to. If they're rare, cool. If they're on colored vinyl, cool. But other collectors try to collect every color and when a label put out 7 different colors variations it's obvious that it's going to burn people out pretty quick on collecting.

I want to see vinyl collecting continue to grow and thrive. I want labels to continue to put it out. I want there to be a continued excitement for it. If you dilute the last thing then the previous two will follow.

I apologize, sir. I misinterpreted what you were saying.

Tre said they took it out of the store while they finished packing/shipping all of the previous orders, then they will put what's left back in the store.

okay maybe someone can help me out i still need the white out of 2000 . how would one go about getting this ? ebay ? anyone care to sell one ?

I'm pretty sure you can still order these through DW's site.

You will be able to, once they put them back up for sale again. They are still marked as out of stock.

edit: *beat like crazy*