Records w/ Error Pressings

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have American Nightmare's "Background Music" but for some reason it says Give up the Ghost where it should say American Nightmare. :/

...that was on purpose. You know American Nightmare had to change their name right? So if they repress an album, they have to change it on there too.

Its this whole thing called Copyright infringement.

The second LP of my copy of Mono's Hymn to the Immortal Wind has no C side label.

The UK pressing of Weezer's Hash Pipe 7" has Hash Pipe on the A and Teenage Victory Song on the B. The original jacket pressing said the B side was Starlight. They caught the error and made new jackets, but you can still find both versions. Supposedly there are also some copies that have B side labels on both sides, but I haven't seen one of those.

Descendents - "I Don't Want To Grow Up" LP has the labels backwards. A side is actually B and B is A.

Lagwagon - "Let's Talk About Leftovers" 10", mine came with about 6 side A labels stacked ontop of each other. 4 fell off pretty much the instant I took it out of the inner sleeve, currently 2 are still stuck together.

• 2 years later...
I have American Nightmare's "Background Music" but for some reason it says Give up the Ghost where it should say American Nightmare. :/

Other than this making laugh, were the colored copies of beggars the only ones that had the tracklist error. i just got the green /400 and was just wondering if the second press black were the same. anyone?

The Counter Clock Wise full length was pressed with a manufacturing defect that made one of the songs completely unplayable, all of the second pressing of it is fine.

Pine Hill Haint's second pressing of "God, The Devil, And The Two By The Gates" has the jacket colors printed backwards (Black on a White background instead of the inverse)

first pressing of Thomas Function's "Celebration" on trans-blue was defective and most were sent back to the plant

The Murder City Devils "Thelema" 10" E.P. was supposed to pressed on Peach/Orange vinyl and some copies came pressed on Pink instead

Track Listing on Mariachi El Bronx "II" was different than what was pressed on the album

these are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head (or the only ones I own/noticed), I'm sure there's literally an innumerable amount of fuckups out there though

...that was on purpose. You know American Nightmare had to change their name right? So if they repress an album, they have to change it on there too.

[image]

Ok, let me ask you this now...do these errors and misprinting problems increase or decrease the value of the record? Or is it just a fuck up for real nerds to obsess over..

I've actually been really curious about this too. I just recently realized I still had the fucked up Earth disc in my Alchemy Index (Thrice). Cobraside was awesome enough to mail me a new one like 4 years later which is awesome.

Anyways, I know some places didn't ship orders until they replaced the Earth discs and some people never recieved the defective ones. Leads me to believe that any set with both may be worth more. I would assume any defective pressing would be worth more than their fixed pressings kinda like misprinted money and stamps.

The last repress of Nofx - White Trash Two Heebs and a bean (purple vinyl)

The pressing is bad and it constantly skips throughout both sides. I contacted Epitaph and they told me they had many reports of bad versions of this. They hooked me up with a choice of any other LP so that was cool!

Successful troll is successful.