so when did you get a cell phone

how old were you?

i am almost 30 and didnt get mine till i was 20. i have a 12 and 9 year old sister and they can handle my new droid better than i can. its amazing how young people are getting cell phones these days. granted it is good for security reasons and the whole tracking them thing but sometimes i think i am just getting to old.....hahaha.

I got my first phone in the summer of 2000, so I would've been 20.

My wife teaches 5th and 6th grade, and they didn't believe her when she told them that she didn't get her first cell phone until she was in college. Her kids are predominantly lower income and they all have phones. Many have smartphones, to boot.

When I was 18 I got a decent paying job so I went out and got a phone...all my friends already had one. I came home and my dad's like "well maybe we should get a family plan and your little bro and sis could have one too" So I said sure and that I would pay them for my portion...that was four years ago and I haven't given them a dime!

I tried to be responsible, but whatever!

I got my first phone in the summer of 2000, so I would've been 20.

My wife teaches 5th and 6th grade, and they didn't believe her when she told them that she didn't get her first cell phone until she was in college. Her kids are predominantly lower income and they all have phones. Many have smartphones, to boot.

yeah you didnt see any cell phones when i was in highschool. its hard to imagine 5th graders having them.

what is the policy on that now a days in schools. that has to be a huge distraction.

Guest eriathomas

I had one when I was a sophomore of high school, then got rid of it since I never used it. I got a new plan my senior year, and have been using one since.

I'm about to turn 24 now. I got a pager when I was 13 or 14 because my mom wanted to get ahold of me. She got me a cell phone when I was 16 because she figured I should have one when I drive in case something happens, but also because I went to my friend's house and didn't come back for 3 days and never responded to her pages and she was furious. She thought getting me a cell phone would mean I have to just answer the phone, not find a phone to return the calls.