BRAND NEW "DEVIL&GOD" 2XLP- TEST PRESSING CONTEST!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sooo now that the madness seems to have settled, can we all gather round a fire built of TC copies and sing Soco Amaretto Lime?

and RJ, I don't give a shit, charge me shipping for both orders. I won't be sending an email about it or anything. I'm just glad I got the copies I wanted and I feel like you don't need any additional hell atm. idk why everyone's trying to get their shipping refund in the middle of the insanity.

Haha, at this point I may just try to buy the Triple Crown press for .99 on Ebay since no one wants the white one's now. It may not be as nice or sound as good as this press...but it'll sound so much sweeter knowing that the majority of these ones will be on walls, Ebay, or in little girls vaults.

I don't know why you are so happy about that.

the white sound really good and the TC press are cheaper .

I don't understand why the people goes grazy about the AFS press,the 180 gram?come on ,this album isn't a jazz album,so don't wait for a better quality sounds.

Haha, at this point I may just try to buy the Triple Crown press for .99 on Ebay since no one wants the white one's now. It may not be as nice or sound as good as this press...but it'll sound so much sweeter knowing that the majority of these ones will be on walls, Ebay, or in little girls vaults.

I don't understand why the people goes grazy about the AFS press,the 180 gram?come on ,this album isn't a jazz album,so don't wait for a better quality sounds.

Don't take offense to it. I'm just saying, it's funny that less than half of the black ones will probably be listened to by the person that bought them. I'll enjoy listening to any copy knowing that people are treasuring their black copies like a child.

Don't take offense to it. I'm just saying, it's funny that less than half of the black ones will probably be listened to by the person that bought them. I'll enjoy listening to any copy knowing that people are treasuring their black copies like a child.

I agreed with you.

I don't need to buy 10 colors of the same record only to have the most limited presing.

I'm not a kid anymore and I prefer buying differents release that spent my mooney (and my time) in buying 10 copies of the same record.

If I get the more limited color is ok,if not is ok too.I only bought albums that I love to listen,so, I'm more than happy with I get(the white TC lp and only cost me 15$)

The weight of vinyl has no bearing on sound quality. It has a better ARCHIVAL quality but I have flimsy records that sound incredible and heavy ones that sound mediocre.

People are going crazy for this because of the packaging differences and the fact that the black is /200. A lot of people (myself included) also prefer buying from indie labels like AFS, not to mention that flippers are stoked the black 180 gram copies are more limited than any of the original press! Lol.

What's this you speak of? His black copy went up to $330, from the last time I checked.

You'd think he'd have learned through the Thrice presale that he shouldn't sell records that he doesn't have. His order could get cancelled.

Here's the thing. Unpopular as it may be, he was totally within ebay policies to list the Thrice records.

Ebay says that for presales, you have to be able to guarantee shipping within 30 days of the end of the auction. For this record, he is not within those policies. So, if a couple people flag his BN auctions, they will be removed by ebay.

The weight of vinyl has no bearing on sound quality. It has a better ARCHIVAL quality but I have flimsy records that sound incredible and heavy ones that sound mediocre.

People are going crazy for this because of the packaging differences and the fact that the black is /200. A lot of people (myself included) also prefer buying from indie labels like AFS, not to mention that flippers are stoked the black 180 gram copies are more limited than any of the original press! Lol.

True, however heavy vinyl will allow for the record to be much more flat and not allow as much wavering of the needle. A center record clamp will help too, but most people aren't going to pay over 100 dollars for a hunk of metal.

So yes, the pressing itself may not be affected. But the weight allows less bend and a flat tracking surface.

True, however heavy vinyl will allow for the record to be much more flat and not allow as much wavering of the needle. A center record clamp will help too, but most people aren't going to pay over 100 dollars for a hunk of metal.

So yes, the pressing itself may not be affected. But the weight allows less bend and a flat tracking surface.

None of this matters when the copies that aren't going straight into frames are going to be played on USB turntables. Besides, the Triple Crown press is plenty thick. I still don't understand this release.

You'd think he'd have learned through the Thrice presale that he shouldn't sell records that he doesn't have. His order could get cancelled.

Here's the thing. Unpopular as it may be, he was totally within ebay policies to list the Thrice records.

Ebay says that for presales, you have to be able to guarantee shipping within 30 days of the end of the auction. For this record, he is not within those policies. So, if a couple people flag his BN auctions, they will be removed by ebay.

somebody flag this guy already

I can't believe I read this thread, I don't know what info I was looking for.

I got a black/orange swirl around 2:15, because that's all I could easily get. Color combo makes no sense with the art work, but I'm over it. It's still dumb that the actual release date is so far away, but here I am sitting on a Jane Doe preorder too.

ITT: people whining they didn't get /200. the regulars making their typical unfunny, unoriginal, played out jokes about flipping. ebay police. people w/ no jobs, no life, bored @ their job complaining about first world problems. owner of label complaining about people screwing with his preorder even though its not the first time dealing with this crap. typical thread. move right along.

and you, our savior.

I can't believe I read this thread, I don't know what info I was looking for.

I got a black/orange swirl around 2:15, because that's all I could easily get. Color combo makes no sense with the art work, but I'm over it. It's still dumb that the actual release date is so far away, but here I am sitting on a Jane Doe preorder too.

yeah, at least this record has a street date. (though given that it's brand new, that's liable to change at any moment)