Fuck this, it's WAY TOO HOT

My computer tells me it's 82*, but it's hotter than this. Buffalo can only have heat with a bajillion percent humidity, too, so keep that in mind, Arizonians, when you come in and say "it's always 110* here!" Dry heat.

You can't fuckin do anything when it's this hot. You just feel lethargic, and sticky. Not all of us work in AC offices (I work in PWA-built schools...) but I still have to wear a shirt and tie. It's just miserable. I can't even sit in my living room in just my shorts without sweating.

Maybe I'm a freak, but growing up in ice rinks, I MUCH prefer winter to this nonsense. The only time you'll hear me bitch about the cold is when the wind is blowing giving it a ridiculous wind-chill. In the winter you can burrow in blankets and sleep fine. LAst night I was naked on top of all my covers with two fans on full blast and I think I got 23 minutes and 11 seconds of sleep.

It's gonna be goddamn 88* tomorrow. Fuck that.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my mom has always kept the house super cold in the winter (my room has gotten down to 52 degrees, being that it has 3 walls to the outside & one tiny heat vent). so when i went to school and the people i lived with had the heat set to 74 in the winter, i literally couldn't sleep. we'd always have a crazy thermostat war and i'd literally open up the windows in the middle of winter if i got back from class and no one else was in our apartment.

you can always put more clothes on, but you can only take so much off.

the past 3 days its been 90 and really humid in chicago. during the day it sucks but at night i like it. i'm only about six blocks from the lake so i get a really nice breeze in my room.

i haven't put on the air conditioning because i have yet to see what my electric bill will be without A/C costs. my roommate probably hates me right now.

South Louisiana.

Call me when you break a sweat while taking a shit with the a/c on. Then we'll talk.

Exactly. Same goes for Houston. What up.

seriously fuck the entire gulf coast during the summer, or anytime really. there is seriously no publicly appropriate clothing item for this weather. flip flops never go out of style in texas but at work you gotta cover those talons up. anything with sleeves, you're fucked. pants? fucked. an eternity of swamp ass for everyone!

at least for the most part central a/c is a given around these parts.

Guest eriathomas
South Louisiana.

Call me when you break a sweat while taking a shit with the a/c on. Then we'll talk.

Well when you get -30F winters and 100F+ humid summers, it really takes it toll. You are at least used to it, but it's pretty hard for your body to adapt with the constant temp. fluxuations up here.

it's pretty brutal out there right now. just walking around isnt bad but I wear dark colors to work and i had to the burbs after work to my parents and then back to my house after, dark pants, dark shirt, and traffic. sucked.

last night i had the AC on blast and i slept like a baby. the front of the house isnt bad at all though. not much light gets into the living/dining room and i have a heavy curtain over the window in the record room so that keeps its cool in here. im hoping the temperature drops before its time to go drink otherwise im gonna be a sweaty bastard.

i almost said i cant wait for winter today, then i realized how long and brutal this past winter was. fuck that.

Toronto has been ridiculously hot for the last couple days, but it did actually snow one last time at the begining of may, just a dusting but very surprising to come home from the bar to. I haven't left the house all day because its been disgustingly humid outside. I'm actually scared some of the records I have coming in the mail may melt if I don't get to the mailbox soon enough. Either that or warp a little.

Fucking awesome.

it's pretty brutal out there right now. just walking around isnt bad but I wear dark colors to work and i had to the burbs after work to my parents and then back to my house after, dark pants, dark shirt, and traffic. sucked.

last night i had the AC on blast and i slept like a baby. the front of the house isnt bad at all though. not much light gets into the living/dining room and i have a heavy curtain over the window in the record room so that keeps its cool in here. im hoping the temperature drops before its time to go drink otherwise im gonna be a sweaty bastard.

i almost said i cant wait for winter today, then i realized how long and brutal this past winter was. fuck that.

Are you from here? This was one of the mildest winters I've ever experienced.

Guest chappy5

I can't stand the heat, if it's over 75 i have trouble sleeping... hotter than 80 and you can forget about it, way too uncomforatble. I even bought a fan, but it's still pretty damn treachorous out. and forget AC that shits way too expensive.

South Louisiana.

Exactly. Same goes for Houston. What up.

seriously fuck the entire gulf coast during the summer, or anytime really. there is seriously no publicly appropriate clothing item for this weather. flip flops never go out of style in texas but at work you gotta cover those talons up. anything with sleeves, you're fucked. pants? fucked. an eternity of swamp ass for everyone!

at least for the most part central a/c is a given around these parts.

my wife works for a restaurant here in houston. They make you wear black pants as part of your uniform, so days that she is scheduled on the patio are brutal. i couldnt imagine having to wear black pants and stand outside all day.

its not the heat during the day that i mind. Its the fucking 80+ degree nights! its like it never cools off.