Summer Vacations?

Anybody going anywhere cool this summer?

In 2 weeks I'm going to Helen, GA with about 10 friends to stay in a cabin on a mountain which I am pretty stoked about! This is the cabin:

[image]

And in a month I'll be in Duck, NC on the beach for a family reunion, staying in this house:

[image]

Vacations rule!

I'll be going on a short week long tour at the end of July with one of my bands which I'm super stoked about! It'll mainly be around the Midwest and it'll be a nice little trip/getaway.

While it doesn't technically classify as summer I'll be going to Fest in October which is the only "vacation" I can pull off with how much shit I've got going at work/school/etc.

both of those houses rule!

my sister's getting married in july and i'm taking time off from work for that, so it's definitely cutting into vacation time. my best friend and my godson are coming from texas for the wedding, then staying for 3 more days so i'll be stay-cationing it up with them!

i'm also going OCMD for a long weekend in august and plan on making a trip up through boston to maine in the fall. who knows what else might happen, though.

I'm going to Wildwood, NJ in about two weeks. I've never been there, so I don't know what to expect -- the cast of Jersey Shore? I'm going with my g/f and 4 other couples. We're all friends so it should be a lot of fun. I plan on eating a ton of seafood and drinking a ton of adult beverages.

I have no idea what else I'm doing this summer. I just got back from Bonnaroo and that was a mini-vacation. I'm going to be doing a lot of camping this summer though.

In 2 weeks I'm going to Helen, GA with about 10 friends to stay in a cabin on a mountain which I am pretty stoked about! This is the cabin:

[image]

My groomsmen and I took a trip to Helen last year before my wedding, and it was great. It wasn't that house, but one very similar (and probably very close). Super nice house, with a hot tub and a grill. Local store had awesome steaks and burgers. The little German town was fun and weird. Helen was just a cool area to explore, as there really is not much to do.

My wife and I will be going with her family to Gatlinburg for the fourth, but that's all I'll have time for this year.

[image]

My groomsmen and I took a trip to Helen last year before my wedding, and it was great. It wasn't that house, but one very similar (and probably very close). Super nice house, with a hot tub and a grill. Local store had awesome steaks and burgers. The little German town was fun and weird. Helen was just a cool area to explore, as there really is not much to do.

My wife and I will be going with her family to Gatlinburg for the fourth, but that's all I'll have time for this year.

I'm excited for it. The town looks really cute and funny, and we're gonna go tubing. I think it'll be a lot of fun.

Guest eriathomas

I have not left the greater Akron area in about 6 years. I'd really like to go somewhere, but I lack the funds and means to really get any where with my driving anxiety.

...when you have the money for them.

I can't remember the last time I went on a real vacation...6-7 years ago maybe?

C'mon lottery powerball!!!

Chicago, NIN Retirement Tour

Chicago, Burning Fight Fest.

you fuckin' junkiiiiiiiiie, you can't remember shit anymore

Touche my friend...touche...

I guess I was thinking more of non-show trips type of vacations. Then again my life revolves around being a fan of bands and music so all vacations and trips revolve around some sort of show or concert.