else

document.write('+':cjxywmgc]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

"Alternative Press has exclusively learned that pioneering emocore act Further Seems Forever are reuniting..."

Dude... how the fuck is a band that started in 1998 a "pioneering" emocore act. Rites of Spring and Embrace pioneered that shit 12 years earlier and you know that.

I learned of this from the 1stfive posting.

"Alternative Press has exclusively learned that pioneering emocore act Further Seems Forever are reuniting..."

Dude... how the fuck is a band that started in 1998 a "pioneering" emocore act. Rites of Spring and Embrace pioneered that shit 12 years earlier and you know that.

its a perfectly acceptable use of the term... there was pioneers in america hundreds of years after the country had been discovered and largely explored right?

FSF, like them or not helped bring the genre to a much larger audience. Its like saying the dead kennedys weren't a pioneering punk band because MC5 and the stooges did it 10 years earlier

There are a lot of angry people on this board. AP is a fine magazine. just fine

Ian hung onto that anger for a long time, too. When I interviewed him for Thrasher man, many years later he was hesitant. We had to have a big sit-down meeting about the whole thing. In the end he was fine with it and like the story, but I was surprised at how seriously he took the whole thing.

its a perfectly acceptable use of the term... there was pioneers in america hundreds of years after the country had been discovered and largely explored right?

FSF, like them or not helped bring the genre to a much larger audience. Its like saying the dead kennedys weren't a pioneering punk band because MC5 and the stooges did it 10 years earlier

America was not largely explored until hundreds of years after it was discovered, so that analogy doesn't work. Also, being popular doesn't make something a pioneer. And as much as I hate arguing about genres, and think a lot of people make distinctions between emo and emocore, with FSF falling into the former category.

I learned of this from the 1stfive posting.

<3