Strokes - Is This It

Guest markovianprocess

[image]

Is this the "banned" cover? They still sell this record with this cover in places like HMV in the UK for the normal pricing. It was never banned in the UK, only in the US as far as I am aware.

[image]

Is this the "banned" cover? They still sell this record with this cover in places like HMV in the UK for the normal pricing. It was never banned in the UK, only in the US as far as I am aware.

Yeah, this is what I've gathered. I'd only ever seen that cover from reading UK music magazines my dad had.

The general consensus being that if I can snap this up for under 20 bucks, I should, right?

• 6 months later...

Hey guys i'm new to this forum.. I am a vinyl noob and have just gotten into collecting them. I recently ordered this vinyl (the European edition with the black and white cover) and it arrived today. When i played it i noticed that every song plays at a key higher than they should be playing at. Is this because it is the European edition or am I doing something wrong? I play it at 33 Rpm like it says to. Thanks in advance.

I ordered it from here: http://cgi.ebay.ca/STROKES-red-vinyl-/150577669587?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item230f20e5d3#ht_500wt_1156

Hey guys i'm new to this forum.. I am a vinyl noob and have just gotten into collecting them. I recently ordered this vinyl (the European edition with the black and white cover) and it arrived today. When i played it i noticed that every song plays at a key higher than they should be playing at. Is this because it is the European edition or am I doing something wrong? I play it at 33 Rpm like it says to. Thanks in advance.

I ordered it from here: http://cgi.ebay.ca/STROKES-red-vinyl-/150577669587?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item230f20e5d3#ht_500wt_1156

Could be the record player, man.

well, first off, that's a bootleg. the album was never officially pressed on red vinyl.

really? :( i can't believe i just got scammed.

Don't get bummed, man. I'd just say to research a little on what you're about to buy in the future. Many people have been burned a little bit now and again.

Also, welcome to the board!

This is just about the nicest reply post on this or any other message board in the history of the internet. A refreshing change of pace.

Exaltations are in order.