Cancer...

All my family and friends are asleep and the ones that are up our working. It's lonely and quiet while I'm keeping an eye on my dad who's bedridden with cancer while the rest of my family gets some sleep. I can kinda feel the day getting closer and the nights are getting harder to handle. Anyone here loose a loved one or has one facing this god forsaken disease?

my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer 5 years ago and is still going strong, but it was really rough for awhile. my grandma has had cancer 6 different times in my lifetime and is still alive, but just barely. my uncle just passed away from colon cancer in the spring. the thing that makes me mad about his case is that he would probably still be alive if he had gone and had early screening like everyone in the family urged him to.

so yeah, i'm pretty familiar with it, which is why i have the tattoo i have on my wrist. i just sponsored 'keep a breast music fest' for the second year in a row and did photography for them. raised over $4,000 thanks to the bands who played for free. it's a cause near and dear to my heart.

just hang in there and if you ever need to talk, you know how to get in touch.

All my family and friends are asleep and the ones that are up our working. It's lonely and quiet while I'm keeping an eye on my dad who's bedridden with cancer while the rest of my family gets some sleep. I can kinda feel the day getting closer and the nights are getting harder to handle. Anyone here loose a loved one or has one facing this god forsaken disease?
i am very sorry to hear that you are going through this and i can relate. i lost my aunt shirley to breast cancer last december, my aunt betty to stomach cancer in may and my uncle harold just had surgery for throat cancer and from what the doctors say, it doesn't look like he is going to make it past new years.

if you need anybody to talk to, don't hesitate to ask.

be safe and cherish the time you had with them.

i feel like either i'm going crazy (which is always a distinct possibility, admittedly) or more and more people are being diagnosed with this. nearly everyone i know has at least some close friend or family member who either currently is undergoing treatment, or did in the recent past.

my mom has lunch once a week with a group of about 6 or 7 of her friends, and the same year she was diagnosed with breast cancer, 2 others in the group were also diagnosed. my next door neighbor was just diagnosed with stage 3 or 4 breast cancer. it seems like an epidemic.

Yeah I know this too well.

Ca. 5 years ago I had an affair with an 23 old girl.....it went on for months...and suddenly she was faced with some fucking evil cancer in the ladies area...9 months later she died - half the weight and after some horrible chemo treatment.

Also my Dad died last year - heart attack...fucking hell it still hurts pretty bad!!

My Grandfather just passed away 3 weeks ago from cancer. He was doing great for 3 years, then one week everything just went downhill and that was the end.

My sister had cancer when she was 14, but they caught it early and she got through it. She's now a survivor, but watching her go through what she had to (I was 11 at the time) was very hard.

sorry to hear this, hang in there, crazy things can happen!

20 years ago my mom was diagnosed with some rare sinus cancer. at the time, she was only 1 of a few who had it. well, they pretty much cut one side of her entire cheak bone out, tons of radiation, etc,....eventually she was given 6 months to live. i was 11 years old so to face this was rough! well, this past june was her 20th anniversary of surviving it! she can only see out of one eye, but she is absolutely the strongest person ive ever seen or known! they have no answer how/why she lived, who knows really, shit happens! so yeah, keep your head up, anything can happen!

My grandma has been told she has six months to live for the last 4 years.

First she had breast cancer and had a mastectomy, then it got to her lungs. She went through a ton of chemo and was told it was in remission, then it spread to her brain and she had surgery to try and remove THAT. Now it's in her bones.

She's basically my second mom and I'm afraid that she might not make it until I go home at Christmas so I payed thousands of dollars to have her travel out here to come and be with me for a week.

My friend Midi has it, and while she's in recovery, she's doing well. My mom got it when i was 6 and 17. She's had to have a colostomy due to the 2nd case, but since then she's been in remission (20 years) from cancer. I won't bother you people with the rest of the ailments that did put her in hospice in the first place.

My mom just finished going through treatment in the spring. well last year, with some follow-up stuff every month or so to make sure it was gone. officially cancer free in the spring. She hid it pretty well, with only my dad knowing, until one day when he couldn't take her to the hospital and I had to drive.

I later found out it was her second time having cancer. the first being when I was really young, and I had no idea, when apparently all of my extended family did.

That being said - she is a 2 time survivor, but I personally didn't really have to deal with anything, as I found out near the end when everything was pretty much ok. Don't know why someone would hide that from their family. Well, maybe I do, but I don't agree with the reasoning's what so ever. And from what I know, the more times you get it, the higher the chance of getting it again, so that scares the shit out of me all the time.

Anyways, best wishes to you and your family. no one deserves to have to go through this shit.

heart erik, how about your dad ?

i just knew my younger brother co-worker who is 24 years is in phase 3 of lung cancer. too bad he doesn't smoke but sick from this shit.

he has a very good willpower although the doctor told his parents prepare for his departure.

well, i hope your dad will be better....

:)

heart erik, how about your dad ?

i just knew my younger brother co-worker who is 24 years is in phase 3 of lung cancer. too bad he doesn't smoke but sick from this shit.

he has a very good willpower although the doctor told his parents prepare for his departure.

well, i hope your dad will be better....

:)

Thank you for the kind words Yu, but unfortunately my dad started the "transition" process last Friday. His breathing and blood pressure have dropped and his response time is slower. His family has been here everyday since and hes managed to see everyone. He's leaving loved