Glassjaw

How big is Glassjaw's diehard fanbase? Is it realistic that 400-500 people were sitting here refreshing at 11:11 and bought them all up in a flash?

Well, yesterday at 11:11am EST there were roughly 300+ on the GJN forums..

i dont think so. the site was brought to its knees yesterday when everyone was refreshing and expecting it to go up. i checked out in less than a minute this time.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does Glassjaw hate their fans?

That's what I've been asking for years. I know most will disagree, but I don't understand why anyone would waste their time chasing down Daryl's leavings. I've never seen an artist that appears to have as much contempt for the people that want to enjoy his work as him.

Keep in mind this is coming from someone who loves Glassjaw. EYEWTKAS and W&T are among my favorite albums of all time. But I stopped getting excited about or even caring about any Palumbo release years ago. Swan Damage? What the fuck happened there? I read that the album was finished and had a release date. That was 2 years ago.

As far as all these singles and 7" and secret this that or the other. It feels like someone came up to me and said, "Hey I'll let you play 1/2 a level of Duke Nukem Forever. But it's at a secret address and it'll cost you $15." And my answer would be, "Well you should probably find a time machine and go back in time to when people gave a shit about this release."

Personally I wish all Glassjaw fans would just stop giving a shit. Stop sending Daryl the message that he can run into the room and jerk off in our collective faces and we'll just take it and say, "Oh that Daryl is such an artist but I'm grateful he at least has something to offer."

I'd rather send the message to stop fucking around and make something substantial. Your albums are great but you're not special. Other bands work hard, tour consistently, put out albums. The kind of bands that actually deserve our praise, attention, and hard earned money.

Hardly doing anything doesn't make the little you do special. It just makes you a lazy asshole. Glassjaw has probably played less shows in the last 10 years than most bands in one. Sorry about your Crohn's Disease Daryl and I love your music but if you want me to keep thinking your songwriting, composition, and voice are special I'm gonna need you to start handing in your work on time and finish the assignments.

Or don't whatever. Can't wait til 'Chinese Democracy II' hits the shelves.

/vent