RE: musicinveins11 = rip off artist

fourthirtytwo

Having read through this whole thing, I a) feel sorry for everybody dealing with this troll & B) found myself wondering: does he obsess/bid at random, or are there certain bands/labels he compulsively bids on??

a mixture of both. he definitely targets certain people and bids on their auctions routinely and without mercy. he bids on their records that he has zero interest in. and if you look at the tradelists he has with the various accounts he's made, you can get a feel of the stuff he does have interest in. pretty sure he sucks the title fight's dick.

I'm not sure exactly how this happened, but the dispute/hold was "cancelled and paypal gave me back my funds! I'm not sure if paypal decided the dispute was faulty, or if Will cancelled the dispute himself, but I'm very thankful this happened!

Edit: got an email that said paypal will not be holding me liable for this dispute, so it was all paypal! woop, thank you paypal!

I hope all goes well for the others who are having trouble on this board, if you would like it, pm me and I can send you the transaction ID for my own thing and you can use that to help your case

I was at a show a couple months back(I'm in FL) and there was this dude who had nabbed a TON of merch. 8 CD's, stickers and patches, a DVD among other things. I overheard the merch guys talking about how their stuff was disappearing and a couple minutes later I saw the guy do a walk by and grab a CD. They shook him down and got all of their stuff back.

One has to wonder if there's a connection. There aren't too many people out there who would do something like that.

I was at a show a couple months back(I'm in FL) and there was this dude who had nabbed a TON of merch. 8 CD's, stickers and patches, a DVD among other things. I overheard the merch guys talking about how their stuff was disappearing and a couple minutes later I saw the guy do a walk by and grab a CD. They shook him down and got all of their stuff back.

One has to wonder if there's a connection. There aren't too many people out there who would do something like that.

what did the dude look like? and where was the show?

Well, I just got off the phone with Paypal and it looks like the payment was made by his bank due to (most likely) insufficient funds in his bank account.

I gave them information and they are going to refer him to the fraud department it looks like. Fingers crossed.

how could even pay with his bank account if there was no money in there? or was it a calculated move on his part to get the records and then have the bank file a claim/chargeback automatically on his behalf, so he'll have both the records and money? is he being referred to paypal's or his bank's fraud department?

He is being referred to Paypal's fraud department. In the past, people have faced jail time due to fraud using paypal (Josh from Autofact is a great example).

that's awesome. if this dude can't afford medication for his children or have any money in his bank account he definitely can't afford an attorney to defend his sorry ass against fraud charges. hope this guy finally gets what's coming to him and what he's deserved for a very long time now.

what did the dude look like? and where was the show?

The show was in Orlando, at The Social. I know he's in Jacksonville, but I make the trip up there every now and then. He was about 5-8, brown, short curley hair. I've seen him around before.

Just read a lot of this and I'm in awe of the amount of time this person has on their hands to be such a jerk to people. Wow.

^truth^

if this dude would apply the same amount of time & energy expended scamming kids to some legitimate enterprise, he'd probably have enough to pay for records AND THEN SOME.

some of you seemed to be getting confused. it's not that he doesnt have money to pay for thngs. he never intends to pay for the things he bids on. the storeis he gives people when they asking him to pay or if he's going to pay are just bullshit sob stories with the intent to drag things out longer at the seller's inconvenience.

I wasn't suggesting that he doesn't have money (although plenty of folks in this thread have mentioned his fondness for the installment plan); rather that his bizarre, compulsive need to bid on EVERY fucking record you folks throw on ebay could net him a nice collection if he directed his energies toward making legit money instead of fucking with y'all.

It's like the old quip about drug dealers - that with their tireless work ethic and ruthless business acumen, they could make fortunes in the world of legitimate business. Instead they put up with drug trade bullshit for comparatively paltry sums. Why? Couldn't tell ya.

Wanting something is not the same thing as deserving it - he has an entitlement issue. That this thread has existed this long due to two individuals drives me nuts. eBay and Paypal will help you but this is petty shit to them so they won't take truly advanced steps to deal with this consistent fraud. I hope that with his now claiming not to receive anything that a real investigation can be escalated.

In the interim, don't sell to him or insist money be sent via gift. Do not be sucker just because he's paid a couple of us along the way once or twice.