VC is Now Operated By Shop Radio Cast, Mightier Th

Guest admin1338560633

Isn't shop radio cast the ONE THAT SELLS RECORDS THEY DON'T HAVE YET?!

Really not trying to split hairs, start shit, etc....but imo Interpunk was always way worse with this. Remember the Falcon Fiasco? They just put it up and it wasn't even in the works yet. I mean that's kinda shitty, more so that a place that is selling records they don't physically have yet.

to be fair though - interpunk will not charge you until your order ships as long as you are using a credit card. so IF they put a record up 3 months in advance, they arent going to actually charge you until its out the door to you. SRC is free to correct me if im wrong but im 99.9% sure they dont operate in the same manner. if you use paypal, then yes - its a different story.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really not trying to split hairs, start shit, etc....but imo Interpunk was always way worse with this. Remember the Falcon Fiasco? They just put it up and it wasn't even in the works yet. I mean that's kinda shitty, more so that a place that is selling records they don't physically have yet.

to be fair though - interpunk will not charge you until your order ships as long as you are using a credit card. so IF they put a record up 3 months in advance, they arent going to actually charge you until its out the door to you. SRC is free to correct me if im wrong but im 99.9% sure they dont operate in the same manner. if you use paypal, then yes - its a different story.

no one is forcing anyone to PO anything. If you don't wanna give your money up before the record is out, wait until it's out then. Personally, I'd rather tham charge my card right away as I've gotten fucked pretty bad a couple times when a record is delayed and delayed and then I get charged and my bank account is empty, yeah, fucked. Sure, I should be on top of it, but I'm not. Nothing punk about keeping track of your bank account right, lol...

But seriously, super early PO's are kind of annoying, but if you don't like it, just hold off... SRC hasn't don't anything lame like VC or interpunk has, so I don't think you have anything to worry about

Just curious, what's gonna happen with the VC and suburban home labels? They have records I want to buy but all this stuff I hear about Virgil, I don't want to get screwed by paying him money without getting my vinyl

You can find most of their releases at various distros like No Idea, Vinyljunkie, etc.

Guest markovianprocess

First bit of feedback.

Ditch the karma. It was working really well over at the other board, and it will mean a lot less moderating work for you guys.

SMITE ME

Also: I'm surprised no one has asked how much they paid for this entire deal cus you know, then Virgil has the money to pay you people back. Hence, pounce on him before he can blow it on chocolate stout.

i would hope no money transaction was involved. ok, maybe a beer or two, but that's it. it's not like this board makes revenue. unless I'm wrong.

From Virgil,

"I wish them good luck. That said, I plan to continue putting out records with Suburban Home and have no plans to abandon my plans to put out records for the Under the Influence 7" series, the Vinyl Cooperative label, and Suburban Home. Stay tuned, I have some more changes to announce in the coming months."

So (theoretically) no one is out money. I'm not counting it one way or the other but at least he's not claiming to cut and run.

From Virgil,

"I wish them good luck. That said, I plan to continue putting out records with Suburban Home and have no plans to abandon my plans to put out records for the Under the Influence 7" series, the Vinyl Cooperative label, and Suburban Home. Stay tuned, I have some more changes to announce in the coming months."

So (theoretically) no one is out money. I'm not counting it one way or the other but at least he's not claiming to cut and run.

Thanks! I was just about to post that as well. The Coop, In The Red ETC... will still be through Virgil/ Suburban Home.

SMITE ME

Also: I'm surprised no one has asked how much they paid for this entire deal cus you know, then Virgil has the money to pay you people back. Hence, pounce on him before he can blow it on chocolate stout.

i would hope no money transaction was involved. ok, maybe a beer or two, but that's it. it's not like this board makes revenue. unless I'm wrong.

But it's a great marketing tool for a record label / distro, especially with the already established user base.

Now they have to cut the ties to Virgil as quick as possible (apparently that already happened) in order to stop user migration to other boards and win back the ones that already left.