Wearing band shirts

What are your thoughts on wearing a shirt of the band you're going to see?

Back in grade 10 or 11, 2000 or 2001, a few buddies and I went to see the Misfits (Michael Graves couldn't get into Canada and Jerry Only did vocals, it was awesome.) There were a bunch of kids wearing Misfits shirts and one of my friends mentioned how you never wear the same bands shirt that you're going to see.

I was wondering what other people's thoughts are on this.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't do it. Also don't put the t-shirt you just bought on top of the shirt you're already wearing, its the same thing. I don't know maybe its just because I've been influenced by the movie PCU or read the whole guide to being punk by Ben Foster when I was like 15 man thinking back on it now though he was kind of a tool. I just can't do it or stand it. "Don't be that guy."

Guest markovianprocess

I'd never wear a shirt of the band I was going to see. If you're going to see the band, it's pretty much a given that you already like the band, and have this in common with most of the audience. It just seems a bit dumb to me.

1) you dont wear the shirt of the band you're going to see, much like you don't listen to the band you're going to see on the way to the show.

2) the only exception to this rule is slayer, in which case you MUST wear a slayer shirt to the show.

3) you never wear the shirt you bought at the show.. you stick it in your pocket, or run it throught your belt... because you need to wear the shirt to school the next day so everyone knows how cool you are for going to the show the night before

I think its level of acceptability is inversely related to the popularity of the band. I would think a smaller band would think it's cool to see people wearing their shirts, but if you're wearing a U2 shirt to a U2 concert, I hope you're a 12 year old girl.

On the other hand, if you're in the band, you certainly shouldn't wear your own shirts... unless of course you're Kepi Ghoulie.

That Misfits show was one of the first few bigger shows I had gone to and the first time I had heard that. Ever since I've never worn the shirt of the band I'm going to see.

The reason I asked is because Rust Belt Lights is playing in a super small town in middle of nowhere Saskatchewan and I wanted to wear a t-shirt of theirs to the show. But I also don't want to be "that guy."

Guest errolwest
The reason I asked is because Rust Belt Lights is playing in a super small town in middle of nowhere Saskatchewan and I wanted to wear a t-shirt of theirs to the show. But I also don't want to be "that guy."

really? where are they playing?

unacceptable

Unless you are going to see Iron Maiden, in which case, it is a pissing contest to see who has the oldest tour shirt.

I used to have an Iron Maiden badge from their first tour, got it off my friends Dad, wish I still had it.

i've got an iron maiden shirt from the world slavery tour. 84-85.