Record Store Day 2011 Thread - April 16

The Green Day/Husker Du split will only be delayed in the UK/EU areas. The US will still get a full allotment of this. In fact, if you go to the RSD site and look at the video posted from the guy at Bull Moose who goes over all of the releases, he actually has it in his hand at some point. Not to mention that 2 local stores that I have been checking their shipments with, have recieved these as well.

This news was originally tweeted by a store in Glasgow and then spiraled out of control with rumor and innuendo, but no facts. Warner Bros is still making 6500 total copies for the world, but most of these have been held/sent for the US.

Sucks for those overseas who wanted this, but if you are going to your local Record Store on Saturday in the US, you'll be able to pick this up.

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually reported it to eBay. Not sure if he's breaking any rules or not, but by the time the auction ends, he won't even know if he'll be able to get the record or not. Lame.

this goes beyond anything i've ever seen. he's making an auction for a record that he can't guarantee and jacking up the price beyond belief. this takes the whole fun and point out of a thing like RSD. he's just trying to profit off people (like myself) who care about it but can't make it to RSD. fuck that.

I can try and find a copy for you. let me know.

The Green Day/Husker Du split will only be delayed in the UK/EU areas. The US will still get a full allotment of this. In fact, if you go to the RSD site and look at the video posted from the guy at Bull Moose who goes over all of the releases, he actually has it in his hand at some point. Not to mention that 2 local stores that I have been checking their shipments with, have recieved these as well.

This news was originally tweeted by a store in Glasgow and then spiraled out of control with rumor and innuendo, but no facts. Warner Bros is still making 6500 total copies for the world, but most of these have been held/sent for the US.

Sucks for those overseas who wanted this, but if you are going to your local Record Store on Saturday in the US, you'll be able to pick this up.

This is great! Hope I can score a copy..

I am quite surprised to see people saying they wait 3-4 hours prior to the shop opening. Each year I have stood in line 10 minutes prior and was always first in line. Thankfully, this should be a good RSD for me as a newer shop took my list from me and signed the pledge. They guaranteed they will hold anything they get from my list. Also, there should be no panic what so ever on a lot of these releases as I still see many awesome items from prior years available at all my shops. The only tough ones will be the items limited to 500 or less. But when it comes to Foo Fighters or Deftones, I don't think any of us will have anything to worry about.

I am trying to pick up some extras of bands I don't listen to for you guys. Mainly the BTBAM and City/Colour. I've already had a bunch of PMs but I will help who I can IF I'm able to acquire any of them.

Best of luck to ALL of you! Hope you guys have great luck searching for the gems you're looking for. I can't begin to imagine how crazy things will be in San Franciso (I was at Amoeba the other day before the Queens of the Stone Age show and god I love that place). It's usually pretty quiet at most shops here in Sacramento.

I will be at the dimple on broadway in sac that day!! I'm so proud of the d-tones home town!

Awesome! Good to see a fellow Sacto person here. I usually hit up Dimple last as other stores are nicer to me so they get priority. Dimple had barely any exclusives last year but I think they planned to change that so hope you get what you're looking for. There is one plus about Dimple on RSD though....they do a decent size parking lot swap meet.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':dawjq8w6]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':dawjq8w6]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');