PO: Coheed & Cambria - Second Stage Turbine Blade

serum7

Stupid question alert!!! Anyone aware of any stores that still have this available for sale? Everywhere I've looked is sold out. merchnow, interpunk, src, insound and amazon...

snooze you lose I guess :(

pretty sure you can still get it at interpunk. it just let me add it to my cart.

DON'T BE FOOLED!!!!!!!

Sorry. But unless the item says that its "In Stock" during checkout, you can count on more than likely NOT getting it.

Shit yeah:

You saved $3.23 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

Second Stage Turbine Blade

Price on order date: $17.68

Price charged at shipping: $14.45

Lowest price before release date: $14.45

Quantity: 1

Total Savings: $3.23

^ Haha! Yeah, I got that too! Mine was cheaper when I ordered so I got less money back but still. Good deal.

Concerning the actual album: Anybody feel that the overall fidelity on this thing is pretty lacking? I mean, I know the CD had a pretty lame mastering since it was probably recorded on a pretty low budget but this LP just doesn't sound that great. Side A, that is. I dropped the needle on a couple points on Side B as I had limited time to check it out and the stuff on Side B sounded a bit better. Its very inconsistent. Plus, I have to turn my volume knob way up to get the same amount of loudness from most other records. What's the total running time for this album anyway?

Next time I will just stick with SRC.

never thought i'd hear someone say that.

What's the total running time for this album anyway?

the vinyl is about 36 minutes total because it's lacking the secret track.

also, i agree with the volume, but i still think the quality beats the hell out of the cd, and i've been listening to the cd for over 10 years now. this is my first time to hear this album on vinyl and i could tell a difference right away. also, i don't believe the album was recorded on tape, so you're getting a digitally recorded and digitally mastered album pressed to analog, it's not going to have the sound a proper analog recorded album should have.

Next time I will just stick with SRC.

never thought i'd hear someone say that.

What's the total running time for this album anyway?

the vinyl is about 36 minutes total because it's lacking the secret track.

also, i agree with the volume, but i still think the quality beats the hell out of the cd, and i've been listening to the cd for over 10 years now. this is my first time to hear this album on vinyl and i could tell a difference right away. also, i don't believe the album was recorded on tape, so you're getting a digitally recorded and digitally mastered album pressed to analog, it's not going to have the sound a proper analog recorded album should have.

I see what you're saying about the digital recording/mastering but I've got plenty of other records that I know were recorded digitally and they still sound way better than this thing. I noticed that the guitar sounds really weak on the first few tracks much more so than the CD. I don't know. I'll give it a few more spins and see what I think then.

I listened to my copy last night again to double-check and pay more attention after reading the recent posts...to me it sounds a bit more clear and crisp than the CD but I did have to turn it up more than usual for any other record to really get the full sound.

I'll listen to my OG copy tonight and see if there are any differences.

I listened to my copy last night again to double-check and pay more attention after reading the recent posts...to me it sounds a bit more clear and crisp than the CD but I did have to turn it up more than usual for any other record to really get the full sound.

I'll listen to my OG copy tonight and see if there are any differences.

Please report on that. I'm very interested to know if you notice any major differences.