The Dear Hunter - The Color Spectrum

I wonder if Merch Direct has a warehouse/distributor in UK.

I don't know much about this release but this is what he posted on Faceache 'Act 3 is my favourite but this Color Spectrum release they've put out, is ridiculous and I'm only as far as the colour Orange (which is 3 out of 9 different EPs)'

Unless he did get it from iTunes, but he is a massive record nerd

Eh who knows, Merchdirect is strange so I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to get his already.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So uhhh...this is pretty good! Dense. A lot of material to cover, but for the most part it's really good! I was expecting a lot of filler and it's quite entertaining from start to finish. I found the electronic stuff on the Indigo EP to be especially engaging. White is also very good.

A lot of the Act I-III stuff tends to be a bit bombastic for me to really enjoy and I'm very happy that The Color Spectrum is fairly straightforward by comparison. Not straightforward in a bad way. It's still very interesting and unique, it's just not as overblown and theatrical.

I agree. After one listen - which I'm still wrapping up, truth be told - I can agree that there's really not a weak EP... or track, for that matter. Black, Red, and Indigo have impressed me the most thus far. Green and Blue seemed to bleed together a little bit... but all in all, this is proving to be a rather rewarding $90 stab in the dark.

aaghh!! i cant wait. mine is suppose to be here today. =) i ordered the single vinyl from hot topic as well. if anyone here was part of the variant collector thread, i have to clarify, its totally different in this case, its not 2 of the same exact vinyl. hahaha.

Please elaborate, or provide link to this thread. There is another variant to the single LP version other than the HT release? Or u mean HT release plus box set?

yeah box set and hot topic release. i wrote triple crown and the dear hunter but i havent gotten a response. so maybe someone on here knows... travis said the hot topic release is limited to 300 copies. but then i know there is a tour release too. is it the same color, but hot topic only gets 300 out of however many pressed? or is it 300 on white for hot topic, and some other amount on a different color for the tour? the white is a little boring to me for this vinyl. hopefully the tour version is a better color.

I thought I'd also mention that the master on this is far softer than most releases in this genre (i.e. not brickwalled to death), which was a pleasant surprise. Really wishing I could justify an $80 record expense to the wife right now.

I got lucky, my fiance is a bigger Dear Hunter fan than I am so as long as I was paying she's happy.

Mine just came today also. Had to got to work after it came so I haven't listened but I opened it and noticed that the box sort of grinds against the booklet when you try to close the flap. No biggie. I'll probably just keep the booklet in the back to prevent any wear.

I haven't even looked at the discs yet.