what's the most you've ever spent on a record?

Guest vinyldoa

• 10 months later...

Highest was $107ppd. It's gotta be something I REALLY want to pass $80... I have gotten a few cool deals, though.

Cake - Fashion Nugget - $95

Falcon - Unicornography on Orange - Around $10 (Hot Topic clearance back in the day)

Jawbreaker - Whack & Blite first press on Grey with all promos - $45 (Got it signed by Adam P. on that same trip)

Joey Ramone - Don't Worry About Me - $60

I hope it doesn't come to the point where I'll spend more than $200 on an LP. Even that seems crazy to me. I guess if the right artist/title came into play... I usually wait around and keep my eyes open for stuff. Best find was an original press of the Wonderful World of Sam Cooke. Got it for $1 at a yard sale. Otherwise, woulda ended up blowing a big portion of my paycheck...

a few years ago, I spent nearly $70 on a copy of Sonic Youth's Washing Machine and at that point, thought it was mad steep. I've made a few comparable purchases since then - particularly when collecting all of the volumes in the Girls In The Garage series of 60's garage rock compilations as well as tracking down a copy of Starflyer's Gold - but I tend to agree with the folks here who are deal chasers and brag more about finding stuff on the cheap versus breaking the bank.