what's the most you've ever spent on a record?

Guest vinyldoa

$55 ppd for the clear vinyl press of Blue Screen Life by Pinback to complete the collection.

Ooooo. Nice call. Great record. Gf got it for me for x-mas. When did you buy yours?? The price on that fluctuates a ton.

I got it on eBay a few weeks before Christmas last year. There were three that came up in quick succession at that time and I snagged the second.

Yeah, the blue and clear pressings fluctuate a lot... probably because nobody really knows the pressing info for the release so it just comes down to who wants to pay what at that given point.

All I know is that the clear was the first press in 2003 (CD came out in 2001) and explicitly had a sticker on the shrink that said "Limited Edition." Then it was repressed on both blue and black at some later time.

Ooooo. Nice call. Great record. Gf got it for me for x-mas. When did you buy yours?? The price on that fluctuates a ton.

I got it on eBay a few weeks before Christmas last year. There were three that came up in quick succession at that time and I snagged the second.

Yeah, the blue and clear pressings fluctuate a lot... probably because nobody really knows the pressing info for the release so it just comes down to who wants to pay what at that given point.

All I know is that the clear was the first press in 2003 (CD came out in 2001) and explicitly had a sticker on the shrink that said "Limited Edition." Then it was repressed on both blue and black at some later time.

Oh, sweet! I didn't even know that much. I think my girlfriend paid around $70 for it. Cool to know it is in fact an OP!

400. Saves the day I'm sorry I'm leaving on red vinyl /12

It hurts because I look back and see a tOn of records I could have bought with that. But it's awesome because it completed my isil variants.

God Damn. Looks like I'll be waiting awhile to finish my Saves The Day collection then...

was thinking the same. thats all i have left. bummer

$90 for Your Favorite Weapon

$80 for They're Only Chasing Safety (clear) ..which I kick myself for since I had it in my hands when it first was pressed, but never bought it.

I think those are fair prices for the most part and looking at some of the killer deals I've gotten (1st press Deja for 25, Juturna for 15, Say It Like You Mean It for 30), I don't feel so bad.

$50 for Mogwai Young Team

$45 for Set Fire to Flames Sings Reign Rebuilder

and the most that I have ever spent on a 7" was $25 for Blue Cadet 3, Do You Connect? by Modest Mouse

$100 for a test pressing of the Jazz June's The Medicine... It is 1/10 and it was never officially released. A bit steep, but considering that they were from my area and I grew up listening to them, I'm ok with spending that much.

That is awesome! Which label had tests made, but didn't press it?

• 4 months later...