PO: Deftones - Around The Fur LP

i once saw them for free in a McDonald's parking lot. beat that :D

i've actually missed a few Deftones shows. one i didn't want to see them open for Metallica, another was Godsmack, one was a show at 7th Street Entry, another opening for Ozzy/Korn. argh. could be further up! :(

I forgot all about that show in McD's parking lot....that was quite some time ago, 12 years ago, give or take? Was that at the one in Dinky Town....I lived in MN then, and was at that show to.

1996. Dinkytown McDonalds. I wish I had the bootleg of that :-/

Goddamn.... Just do it.... :-/

I got to see them practice for a while in Chinos garage. I was standing on the driveway (hence why I quoted your "driveway" post). This was back in 99 or so. Chino no longer lives in Sacramento which sucks, but I'm also no longer 15 like I was back when I saw this so I guess it doesn't matter.

I actually didn't want to mention it McPherson, but deafmx and I were sorta one uping each other.

It will be awesome even without Damone. Sad though. I'm a happy boy as long as Dai the Flu is on it. Oh, McPherson you should totally get the 7" with teething, it's awesome and sounds amazing. It's a different version of teething though that you would normally hear, like the demo version with different lyrics and slightly different riffs. Awesome still! I play it every Friday when I get home from work while sippin on some drink.

WHOA! I didn't realize it was a different version! Different from the Crow II: City of Angels Soundtrack???

Yeah, the only thing stopping me from buying it is that I never catch the end of an auction and I don't want to pay $70 for the one BIN on eBay right now. I would easily pay $30 for it though.

Yea it's different, still awesome. The way he sings sounds different. I payed 30 on ebay for it when I got it, bet you could get it too for that price... Just keep checking on ebay.

going to see deftones and dillinger tomorrow. so stoked.

seen deftones many times. once i saw them first row along time ago (i think white pony tour) when they came with glassjaw... when gj got done playing their last song, daryl stayed on stage crying, in the fetal position, pounding himself and the stage while screaming shit (house music was playing but people in like first few rows could hear him)...it was weird, and badass...the stage crew just worked around him taking amps and shit away while he was doin his thing.

chino jumped right on my head, sang right in front of us, my friend threw up on people. prob one of the most memorable moments in my life. i hope i can channel that spark tomorrow.

I think you posted it in the Adrenaline thread.

That article rocks. And it actually seems likely that they'll get the new material fleshed out and recorded in a relatively quick fashion. They've said that so many times after albums have dropped and they ended up taking longer to put out the next one in question than any other album lol. Now that they seem rejuvenated as a band, I think they'll actually come through. Though I doubt it will be out early next year. Maybe next May or June. That, I could actually have faith in.

Cant remember if I posted this here already or not but Adrenaline got bumped to 6/14.

Also read this online today. Fuck yes!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=157554

FUCK! Oh well, at least it spaces out my purchases a little more. GJ, Deftones, PTM...

Cant remember if I posted this here already or not but Adrenaline got bumped to 6/14.

Also read this online today. Fuck yes!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=157554

Glad it got bumped. Too much has been coming out and I've been spending way too much money. 6/14 is a few days before my birthday so it's gonna be like a early gift.

Good to see that article about new material but I know how they work so it may be a long while till it actually comes out. Stoked and can't wait though.

Edit - Fuck yes! Deftones just announced a Sacramento show and it's on 6/14. Best early birthday gifts I could ever ask for. And it's in a tiny little place too. Can't wait!