Face to Face Laugh Now... Laugh Later

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, That'd be great. I didn't really look into how this works though. So, people say they'll pay money for this to be pressed? Or do you actually pay this pledge immediately? Then! Say they don't raise enough, do you get said money back? I know I saw one of these things for some Alkaline Trio Tribute thing that a friend of mine's band recorded a song for (My Friend Peter, btw). Just seems odd, and really expensive.

Shameless promotion for said friend's band! Go here!

http://www.facebook.com/stillringstrue?ref=ts&sk=wall#!/stillringstrue?sk=app_2405167945

wow. when they first announced the album they had on their website a 2XLP. Said there was gonna be 2000 on grey. Guess they changed that up. Was thinking of the $75 or $100 options. $75 is definitely worth the album + test, but 2 get 2 more copies for another $25 isn't bad either. Only thing is there's gonna be a fuck ton of tests which is lame. Hello EnjoyTheRide records. I'll wait to see if it happens and then get one. doesn't seem like a lot of time to get $7500

Not sure why people are bitching and moaning about this. I guess you are either really into the band or not. This band was a soundtrack for a period in my life and $100 for 3 limited press records, a test pressing, an art portfolio, and a signed set list seems like a pretty damn reasonable deal. I just hope they make their goal in such a short time. Thanks for posting this info!

i figured a band like face to face would have no problem getting a label to press an album for em, or am I missing something here

These numbers are just approximations:

Pressing 500 records runs about $2000.

1000 CDs are about $1000.

Add another $1000-$1500 for the additional "art" and bonuses, shipping, etc.

$10+k raised minus $4.5k for product = easiest $5500 you can make as a musician in this day and age.

This seems like a huge money grab to me. I really don't trust Trevor Keith since he recorded my friends band, and refused to release the album, and then went a head and kept the master tapes of the recording, forcing them to come home and re-record the whole album again...kind of lame. At least they got to tour with Face to Face on the "Farewell" tour.

Wow, that's really lame. I love face to face, but $25 for 1 record? Especially when you're giving the money direct to the band. I can't justify that - $10 would seem fair to me. No thanks Face to Face.

I agree with all of these points... also let's not forget the fact that this album is probably going to be terrible.

it's kickstarters like this & ctts that will ruin a fantastic idea.

Agreed. I get hit by friends and associates weekly now to support their Kickstarter campaigns and have had to implement a virtual "No Kickstarter" policy. If it isn't ground breaking or helping society in some way I can no longer contribute.

Man, That'd be great. I didn't really look into how this works though. So, people say they'll pay money for this to be pressed? Or do you actually pay this pledge immediately? Then! Say they don't raise enough, do you get said money back? I know I saw one of these things for some Alkaline Trio Tribute thing that a friend of mine's band recorded a song for (My Friend Peter, btw). Just seems odd, and really expensive.

Yeah anyone who pledged knows if you are immediately paying or waiting for the goal for payment to be taken? Don't wanna pledge $100 for nothing if they don't meet their goal and I'm $100 down. Otherwise I'm down for the ridicously expensive package just to ensure I get a test press and white.