RSD on SRC

so what's with DEATHWISH being able to do it? ren't they technically a distro too? or the fact that they are a open house that one day technically give them a pass? not wanting to butt heads here. just kinda wonderin' as i know there could be tons of excuses (like totally being up front of their intentions and the fact that none of the stuff will actually be online that day but for physical purchase). just seems that allowing a distro to do it once, can lead to any distro doing it in the future out of their house.

What it seems like is Deathwish will be selling releases they would already be getting because they distro those labels. They also aren't actually a part of RSD. They aren't listed on the RSD site. Aren't the BS and TA not even getting distributed anymore for RSD?

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing it's because they clearly misrepresented themselves to the RSD people and their distributors as a physical record store, and then announced they were doing mailorder for the releases intended to get people into stores. RSD found out and called them on it, and now they've got some serious egg on their face.

I'm guessing it's because they clearly misrepresented themselves to the RSD people and their distributors as a physical record store, and then announced they were doing mailorder for the releases intended to get people into stores. RSD found out and called them on it, and now they've got some serious egg on their face.

IF that is the case - then they were just askin' for it anyway. not cool to not play by the rules RSD clearly outlines for everybody.

You guys that don't live near record stores could just wait a few months and they'll be down to around their original retail price on eBay. It's just the initial 2 weeks or so where all the RSD releases are worth money for some reason, there isn't much from past years that goes for big money.

I HIGHLY doubt things like City And Colour, etc. are gonna be retail anywhere at any point after RSD.

So I think it's (almost) safe to assume that Deftones' Covers will be one of SRC's RSD items. I already have one or two [awesome] dudes helping me out with RSD requests, here on VC, and I'd hate to bother them further. Would anyone be willing to pick up an extra Covers if they can grab one? It'd be cool to support an actual local record store, and I imagine that it'd even be cheaper than SRC's prices. They shouldn't be too difficult to find, either. Would be super grateful for anyone who's feeling generous, and could pay immediately, tomorrow. Theoretical thanks in advance.

i wouldnt say egg on their face. SRC does this all the time, whether its getting called out for this, or getting called out for selling stuff they dont have, or getting called out for placing pre-orders for records that havent even been sent to press yet.

doesnt matter. Tons of kids still flock to them as long as they offer some cool hot for the moment band thats in demand. None of it seems to actually affect their business and if anything they continue growing and expanding. not many people care about a businesses ethics as long as they provide an in demand product.

Some of you guys gossip more then old ladies!!

We were never an official Record Store Day store...not even sure why we were listed on the site. We have done this every year for the past three years. We don't lie and pretend to be a store, we just do it! I don't know if you have noticed but a shit load of people are selling the records online this morning and all week that are NOT official RSD stores.