PO: Fucked Up David Comes 2 Life Buy Early Get Now

http://www.buyearlygetnow.com/info/9/

Pre-Order STARTS APRIL 26th. Here is what you'll get:

* CD or 2xLP of David Comes To Life, available for collection at a trusted physical retailer (easily found via the store finder on the front page) available on or after June 7.

*4 Bonus 7"s of 8 extra non-album songs available for collection on or after June 28.

* Instant download of 5 non-album songs available on April 26.

A full 192k album stream and hi-quality album download in 4 parts over 4 days from May 10-13

* Download of Record Store Day Exclusive "David's Town" comp on June 7

* An exclusive poster

That is by far the best Buy Early campaign Matador has done, in my opinion. Sonic Youth was good, but this is sweet.

Also, there is a link on there for UK/EU fans to get this stuff too!!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, fuck. I just read more into this and as badly as I want to order it, they don't ship you anything. It's your responsibility to go to a "local retailer" and pick all your shit up - which isn't a problem... but when you live over 100 miles from the closest retailer, that kinda blows.

And the download option seems weird too.

Actually, fuck. I just read more into this and as badly as I want to order it, they don't ship you anything. It's your responsibility to go to a "local retailer" and pick all your shit up - which isn't a problem... but when you live over 100 miles from the closest retailer, that kinda blows.

Yeah i was under the impression that they ship it to you as well. I don't mind going to waterloo though. I want those four 7"s

Bah, no MN shops participating. Might have to bug some people around town.

There's no online option because this is a preorder through one of the participating stores. It's a pretty good idea IMHO, good way to hold onto people who are want to support their local record store but don't want to miss out on mailorder-only/preorder exclusives.

I'm guessing it will be pretty expensive; if I remember correctly the Sonic Youth package was $40 but didn't feature any physical incentives: just an ability to buy advance tickets and an early digital stream... so maybe $50 for this when you consider they typically charge $5 - 7 for a single 7-inch? That said I'll probably get this too since Matador uses super high grade vinyl and sleeves and the prices generally reflect the quality. Another plus is that you don't have to buy a T-shirt bundled with this!

So whats the deal? Do you have to contact your record store after you make the purchase to let them know you're getting some random package delivered there?

Not sure. I imagine they give them a list of the pre orders or something and they separate the orders accordingly. Mind you, this is purely assumption