PO: I Can Make A Mess - Gold Rush LP

Overdue Collection has posted a couple updates RE: Gatsby's American Dream over here - http://overduecollection.tumblr.com/

It seems like the guy is a bit loose with the disclosure of price tags and what not. Seems a bit odd to me.

I don't understand how it's costing this guy $9000 to press a single LP.

still no word on this? I think the album is pretty decent but dont want to purchase if this isnt coming until like August. Also I'm siked on Ribbons and Sugar and appreciate what the guy is doing in pressing it but he went about it like a fucking moron.

Both of these seem Shady with a capital S. Has this dudes pressing of "the graduate" come out yet? didnt he take pre orders for that in like February?

Man I'm going to be bummed the fuck out if I get scammed on this. Sucks cause this album is great!

dont think it was a scam, just think the guy doesnt know what he was doing. The two "partners" met on ap.net forum for god sakes. One has money and one had "passion" which doesnt necessarily mean shit if you dont know your partner well at all and you dont know what your doing. Granted i made my fair share of mistakes in my first releases but #1 rule should be to not take people's money unless you have your shit together or at least an approved test pressing.

Man I'm going to be bummed the fuck out if I get scammed on this. Sucks cause this album is great!

dont think it was a scam, just think the guy doesnt know what he was doing. The two "partners" met on ap.net forum for god sakes. One has money and one had "passion" which doesnt necessarily mean shit if you dont know your partner well at all and you dont know what your doing. Granted i made my fair share of mistakes in my first releases but #1 rule should be to not take people's money unless you have your shit together or at least an approved test pressing.

^Backed!

But in all honestly this is why I don't like pre orders all that much. Especially when I never heard of this company and are all ready getting hated on for their previous release. I understand why companies do pre orders for the most part but from the buyers point of view it just seems "easier" if record was already in hand. Example: Matt from Animal Style Records doesn't really do pre orders on his releases. And I love that!!

^Backed!

But in all honestly this is why I don't like pre orders all that much. Especially when I never heard of this company and are all ready getting hated on for their previous release. I understand why companies do pre orders for the most part but from the buyers point of view it just seems "easier" if record was already in hand. Example: Matt from Animal Style Records doesn't really do pre orders on his releases. And I love that!!

Yea, we changed gears this time around and didnt put the pressing for sale until we had the record in hand. People seemed to be much happier and i didnt have to answer 100+ emails of people asking when their records were shipping

Man I don't understand why people are freaking out..

The graduate records have shipped, I received mine and I'm very happy with it. I don't mind waiting a couple months to get my preorder because I am assured a copy-- that's why it's called a preorder. If you don't want to wait, then don't preorder. I'd rather preordr and be sure I get the version I want than wait and have it sell out.

He has been working on a charity auction and has posted a teaser to some artwork for Lakes - the agreement.. So stuff is in the works people. I doubt they are going to run away with your $20

Ya it'd be cool if everyone who pressed vinyl waited to post preorders until it was ready to ship, but that's not the case so either

A) don't preorder if money is that tight for you

Or

B) preorder and have some fucking patience and appreciation the record is actually getting pressed

And if you are really bent out of shape about the whole preorder thing, then start your own label and adopt enjoytherides philosophy. It will be a win for everyone because I won't see you bitch about waiting for preorders and more vinyl will be pressed.

P.s. Enjoytheride is the shit

Thanks man, your support means alot to us

Man I don't understand why people are freaking out..

The graduate records have shipped, I received mine and I'm very happy with it. I don't mind waiting a couple months to get my preorder because I am assured a copy-- that's why it's called a preorder. If you don't want to wait, then don't preorder. I'd rather preordr and be sure I get the version I want than wait and have it sell out.

He has been working on a charity auction and has posted a teaser to some artwork for Lakes - the agreement.. So stuff is in the works people. I doubt they are going to run away with your $20

Ya it'd be cool if everyone who pressed vinyl waited to post preorders until it was ready to ship, but that's not the case so either

A) don't preorder if money is that tight for you

Or

B) preorder and have some fucking patience and appreciation the record is actually getting pressed

everything you said is nullified by your use of "vinyl." but it's hilarious to see someone trying to stand up for and defend an abrasive douche who started a "label" just because he thinks he's cool by racking up over 28,000 posts on absoultepunk and runs said label with the philosophy "i can do whatever i want just because i can and i don't care if i'm over charging people or if i run into inevitable delays because of launching preorders immediately after i place the order at the plant."

the fact is that he can very easily run away with everyone's money because the 45 day window to file a paypal claim starts to close tomorrow. so he can just take the money and run with pretty much no repercussions.

i really enjoy ace's work so I bought all four variants to support the label and the artist. i know a lot of other people did as well. but regardless, whether it's a $90 bill or an $18 bill, no update for 45 days or so isn't acceptable. ONLY because he said they'd be shipping by this time -and im sure test pressings haven't been approved yet. that's my only concern

I just read through the whole thread! The guy who runs ADR is a fucking tool! He's very present on the ap.net board and even in the leak thread, he freaked out the night Ace's record leaked and blew the thread up asking that no one post the leak. He's downloaded many many leaks but when it affects him and his business he freaks out! I completely understand that, but don't steal music, admit to stealing music, then ask others not to do the same. I was going to order the new album but now fuck that guy and his business!