groomsmen gift that you would like?

im getting married this july. whoot (or for some, not, haha) ive been in a couple weddings, and to be honest the groomsmens gifts are always the same old, stuff. (i.e. flasks, cufflinks, cigar holder, yadayada) not to sound ungreatful, but rarely something is given that impresses with its..wowness. (im all about cool shit) even though it is about the thought...

if you were in a wedding, what is something youd give/or like to be given?

we had the idea to not wear standed tux shoes, but pumas, and buy those for the dudes, i had the idea of a watch...but im just not set on these ideas. id like to keep it under $100.

I've been a groomsman like four or five times. In one wedding, I got a personalized wooden box that looked like a jewelery box. I keep a necklace and my high school ring in it. Nothing I would buy but kind of nice to have.

In one wedding, we had silk black neckties instead of bow-ties. The groom bought us ties and let us keep them.

Someone game me black socks so we'd all look decent, I don't remember who that was.

I got a Fossil wallet one time, which was cool but I didn't like it. I sold it on eBay, ha.

All this to say, never really gotten anything I loved. I like the idea of matching Zippos.

It might sound corny but buy them an experience. All go the barber together and get hot shaves and trims. Or book out a massage place and all get rub downs (or offs). Experiences are better than things. But if you're dead set on an item I'd never turn down nice clothing/accessories. Nice ties, vests, or cufflinks may seem underwhelming, but they're clutch.

Congrats on your wedding!

when my sister got married last summer, she got all the bridesmaids clutches except for me (cuz she knows i'd never use it). Instead, she got me a custom embroidered camera strap for me (since i do photography) and it rules, cuz i use it all the time and people are super impressed by it. obviously that's a really specific gift that has no bearing here.

another time, i got jewelry and something else that we all wore in the wedding. haven't touched it since. actually, i think my mom took the necklace and wears it on occasion.

so yes, i vote for something useful. check out etsy for a lot of sweet custom stuff.

ALSO, if you want to get something for you and your lady (that i can guarantee she'd think was super cute), i make custom hangers for your dress/tux. see, http://www.etsy.com/listing/72659621/personalized-bridal-wedding-dress-hanger

thanks for the ideas guys!!

Matching personalized zippos are my favorite so far. The money clip my oldest friend gave me made me wonder if he really knew me.

this is a great idea for sure...but there are a few (out of the, 9 including two ushers) who wouldnt get use out of it (no cigars, cigs, mary)

If you're going to do sneakers, why not do the customized Nikes from Nikeid?

really, really like this idea. i even looked at nikes website and skimmed over the ID part. thanks for this...could have a winner here.

Im getting married in June and haven't really thought about this. The zippo idea sounds pretty sweet to me.

better get on this man!

Zippos are a great idea. I got a personalized beer stein once and I thought that was pretty sweet...definitely under $100.

for sure...for sure.

If you have to budget Nixon watches are a sweet idea

ive been eyeing nixonnow for like a week, they have so many dope watches...the ones id want are over 100, which i just cant justify because i have like 9 people to gift. the ones under 100 that i like, not everyone would like...

Monogrammed nunchaku.

awesome. i actually googled that just now...no result, you may have $omething!

Want to get me something I'd REALLY appreciate? I'd just want gifts that are actually something I'd blow my money on, saving me the time and cash is a way better gift than some fancy bullshit I won't touch for years. I'll take records and art/design books over any of that any day.

though i totally dig the idea this would give me a headache, almost like chistmas shopping. "see...bobby wants a trike....ricky wants a dog that looks like a cat..." (catdog)

I've been a groomsman like four or five times. In one wedding, I got a personalized wooden box that looked like a jewelery box. I keep a necklace and my high school ring in it. Nothing I would buy but kind of nice to have.

In one wedding, we had silk black neckties instead of bow-ties. The groom bought us ties and let us keep them.

Someone game me black socks so we'd all look decent, I don't remember who that was.

I got a Fossil wallet one time, which was cool but I didn't like it. I sold it on eBay, ha.

All this to say, never really gotten anything I loved. I like the idea of matching Zippos.

i got the jewlery box too, that i keep like two things in. like you said kind of nice...nothing id buy myself.

my buddy is doing ties for his wedding in june, two weeks before my wedding. dont really want to cop his style thought it is a great idea.

i joked around last night with my parents about giving people monogram 12 pack socks..straight up white socks with black monograms...thigh high. we had a good laugh.

i dont want that happening to me (ugh, i sold that shit on ebay bro)

I've only been in one, and I got a personalized light. Like the kind you find shit your dropped in your car with. Pretty meh.

meh fa sho

My wife did red chucks that they all wore at the reception. I can't imagine they got much use after that. I did knockoff Leatherman tools with engraved box. I got a zippo once, but it was a huge one. I don't know where it is.

i see people in red chucks all the time. sure there was some usage after that (maybe ebay usage??)

tools are awesome, but i dont work on shit by myself! haha

It might sound corny but buy them an experience. All go the barber together and get hot shaves and trims. Or book out a massage place and all get rub downs (or offs). Experiences are better than things. But if you're dead set on an item I'd never turn down nice clothing/accessories. Nice ties, vests, or cufflinks may seem underwhelming, but they're clutch.

this sounds really cool. this is also a finalist...the barber sounds like a great idea. thanks for the tip

thanks!

Head

haha

when my sister got married last summer, she got all the bridesmaids clutches except for me (cuz she knows i'd never use it). Instead, she got me a custom embroidered camera strap for me (since i do photography) and it rules, cuz i use it all the time and people are super impressed by it. obviously that's a really specific gift that has no bearing here.

another time, i got jewelry and something else that we all wore in the wedding. haven't touched it since. actually, i think my mom took the necklace and wears it on occasion.

so yes, i vote for something useful. check out etsy for a lot of sweet custom stuff.

ALSO, if you want to get something for you and your lady (that i can guarantee she'd think was super cute), i make custom hangers for your dress/tux. see, http://www.etsy.com/listing/72659621/personalized-bridal-wedding-dress-hanger

yes, im all about something usefull...etsy is crazy...

i think my gal is having the girls make-up done and buying their jewlery (per both their liking)

will keep you in mind!!

Best groomsman gift I ever received!

[image]

A wedding I was in last year we were all given blue Vans slip on's that we all wore in the wedding and a couple years ago one of my friends got all of his groomsman really nice personalized coolers.

this. is. awesome.

slayer shoes, vans slip ons, personalized coolers. best gifts evaarrr

I am getting married in July and i got all my groomsmen

A coffee mug with their face on it from cafepress

We are all Office fans

[image]

And

Omaha Steaks - The All American Combo 7885WZB

4 (5 oz.) Filet Mignons

4 (6 oz.) Top Sirloins

4 (4 oz.) Boneless Pork Chops

2 (4.5 oz.) Stuffed Sole with Scallops and Crabmeat

4 (4 oz.) Omaha Steaks Burgers

8 (3 oz.) Gourmet Franks

10 Potatoes au Gratin

[image]

The shave and haircut is a good idea.

The shave and haircut is a good idea.

it's a win/win for both parties.