WHOA - This is a first for me!

Guest markovianprocess
How does that even leave the factory? Lazy workers not checking both sides or what?

Maybe they thought that no-one actually plays records any more anyway. $$$.

rare that it will get resolved, or in that this manufacturing defect is rare?

rare that this manufacturing defects get out of the plant. their Quality Control department was probably overloaded from Record Store Day madness, so as people start guffawing all over the place and getting their pickets and torches ready to complain about how dare the plant let this escape, all those people have never, not paid 100% attention to everything every minute of every day at work...shit happens, the records in print somewhere, it's not anything that can be faked, so go back to the store and ask them to see what they can do, they can probably call their distributor right there or get back to you.

I got one of those in the collection. I'm glad it's not my Bleed American, I feel your pain.

[image]

I've seen the double label before, but I'm trying to imagine the actual pressing process and how this label could've gotten caught on something but still manage to be between the stampers when it ripped.

I'm headed to the record store this afternoon. I know that they'll take care of me - they rule.

I can't imagine either of the pictured records getting past me and/or my team here, but for those interested, I know the cause. the broken label going out into the grooves is because the label was too brittle to begin with, usually from baking/drying too long. tue double/off center one is just from the label suction cups picking up two labels and the top one didn't land on the center pin correctly before the press went up.

I know this trivia won't get you your money back, but that's how it happened.

as for those of you who get the bubbled up/double labels, those are usually easily fixable if you're brave. just bend the record a bit, then bend it in the opposite direction, the second label will usually come loose. the trouble is that sometimes it'll be stuck to the ink of the label underneath, so you'll still have a goofy looking label, albeit a non-bubbled one.

I am able to get a refund from the store, courtesy of the distributor being cool about it as well, but they aren't able to replace it as they have none in stock.

Needless to say, I'm in the market for a new copy of Bleed American. If anyone is unloading a copy, please PM me. I'll love you forever.