10 Week Weight Loss Plan

Yeah so I'm getting married on Aug 13th and all year I've been telling myself I'm gonna lose some weight so I at least look half decent at my wedding. Here it is May 31st and I haven't done shit. So I wanna put myself on a 10 week workout plan to lose as much weight as possible. I'll take ANY suggestion seriously and I don't care if it kills me. Can't get married looking like I do now.

Just because you are short on time don't go crazy working out. You will burn yourself out. Have to let your body rest for best effects. That means getting a decent amount of sleep too.

Don't drink (if you do), do an hour of cardio one day, then lift weights the next. Eat healthy--veggies, white meat, and complex carbs. Don't drink calories--lose the OJ, pop, whatever. Just drink water. Don't starve yourself, but try and switch one meal a day for a protein shake.

If you are gonna weigh yourself, you should be losing a couple pounds a week. Aim for 2 a week, and you will drop 20 before the wedding. I don't know how much you weigh now, but if you are thinking about dropping more than 20, be realistic.

How overweight are you? The more, the easier the pounds come off at first.

Drink only water, black coffee is ok in am too. Eat several meals a day. Always eat breakfast. Make eggs and mix with veggies. I like 3 egg omelettes with 2 of the 3 yolks removed. Low fat yogurt for snack. Tuna with tons ofveggies for lunch. Grapes or fruit for snack then small healthy dinner.

It will take you a few days to adjust but with moderate excersize and low calories youll drop 15 fast and more rightbehind.

Ive gotten totally out of shape and will be doing the same in the next few days. Long winters, 4am last call and all night food stops get the best of me.

Good luck!

i lost 85 lbs about 10 yrs ago when i was 16 and i have kept it off ever since. nobody loses weight without a healthy diet AND exercise and nobody keeps it off without making it a lifestyle change. you cant lose all that weight and go back to the same old habits. stay away from fad diets. do it the good 'ol fashioned way. make sure you are doing both cardio and weightlifting. building muscle will speed your metabolism up and thus help you keep the weight off. since youre more concerned with losing weight than building muscle mass, i recommend doing low weight / high reps.

also, set a realistic goals for yourself. meaning if you're not used to running, dont expect that youre going to be able to run on a treadmill 5 times a week for 45 min each. its not gonna happen and youre only going to discourage yourself. start with 10 min or whatever feels comfortable and then work your way up. apply the same concept to weightlifting.

what else... do not starve yourself. thats just as debilitating to losing weight as overeating is. eat most of your carbs early in the day so you can burn them throughout. oatmeal or a healthy cereal is a good way to kick off your day. stop drinking soda and other soft drinks that are completely full of sugar / artificial sweeteners (regular and / or diet). once youre feeling comfortable about your progress, give yourself 1 day a week to eat what you want (dont be a pig, but treat yourself). its a good way to shock your body a little and will keep you from relapsing into eating shitty food all the time. make sure you eat your last meal of the day at least 4 hrs before you go to sleep. no midnight snacking. if you can chop your meals up into smaller portions (ie. 5 smaller meals vs. 3 large ones), its easier for your body to digest.

good luck!

livestrong.com is a good site with copious amounts of info that would be a good place to start.

You can track calories, plan running/bicycle routes, tons of recipes, and a quite useful message board.

I back livestrong. You can have weight goals, track calories, plus exersize plus water intake etc etc. When i started at the end of march i was 172. As of yesterday end of May i was 157. Do eat smaller things through out the day, mix up your cardio and lifting as well for best results, your body will get used to you running everyday so you gotta mix it up with running, elliptical, all weights, etc.

eat less, work more.

i go to the gym every other day for an hour of jogging, weights, and sit ups, and snack on shit like fruit instead of chips now.

i've lost almost 10 lbs in the last two weeks.

i've done this before though, and in about another week my rapid weight loss will stop, and it will take a long long time to loose the rest.

i'm actually trying this time though, i'm tired of having the beer gut/fat neck thing going on, when the rest of my body is slim and fit. it's just embarrassing.

also, if you drink beer, try switching to vodka, whiskey, or rum.

that helps.

light beer is a joke.

Yeah so I'm getting married on Aug 13th and all year I've been telling myself I'm gonna lose some weight so I at least look half decent at my wedding. Here it is May 31st and I haven't done shit. So I wanna put myself on a 10 week workout plan to lose as much weight as possible. I'll take ANY suggestion seriously and I don't care if it kills me. Can't get married looking like I do now.

Get a calorie counter app, it will blow your mind. Depends are you trying to put muscle mass on? or just trying to slim down a little bit?

Congrats on getting married as well!

Get a calorie counter app, it will blow your mind.

i do not understand counting calories as a valid form of weight loss. eating a piece of cake with 300 calories is probably going to be much worse for you than eating 300 calories worth of raisin bran.

exercise and be more active, and just plain eat healthier. no need to get caught up in counting numbers.

ive lost 75lbs since january..

try to remove all of the following from your diet.

sugar

carbs

fat

i mean like all of it.

i was pretty much living off greek yougurt, chicken breast, and slimfast for a couple months... it sucked major ass, but it took the weight off quick, while being super high protein

sugar

carbs

fat

i mean like all of it.

i was pretty much living off greek yougurt, chicken breast, and slimfast for a couple months... it sucked major ass, but it took the weight off quick, while being super high protein

congrats on the weight loss!

however, while that may be a good way to lose the weight quickly, if you want to lose it and keep it off, it needs to be a lifestyle change. i don't think you plan on maintaining the absolutely no carbs, fat or sugar diet for the rest of your life. at least, i personally wouldn't want to. i'd probably die of starvation if i stopped eating carbs.

.........Calorie Counters count your fat,carbs, and sugars. They have a database of anything available on the shelf or at restaurants.

Also you could go vegan lol

again with the not a fan of numbers games. i am a fan of the common sense and moderation game(s).

i'm not sure if you meant the 'go vegan' as a joke or not, but being a vegan isn't a diet. i'd imagine that it's actually harder to maintain a well rounded/balanced diet.

Get a calorie counter app, it will blow your mind.

i do not understand counting calories as a valid form of weight loss. eating a piece of cake with 300 calories is probably going to be much worse for you than eating 300 calories worth of raisin bran.

exercise and be more active, and just plain eat healthier. no need to get caught up in counting numbers.

I don't think that's the point, if you're counting calories you're not going to be substituting one small calorie dense piece of cake for a vast quantity of something less calorific, if you do that, you're an idiot. It's not a tool to get the most bang for your buck so to speak i.e a bit of cake that won't fill you up or a mountain of cereal that'll make you want to burst.

My experience with calorie counters are great, quite apart from helping you cut down and consume a certain amount of calories a day it will definitely help shock you into cutting unhealthy snacks out of your diet once you realise how much they add up. Honestly, pair this with an app that tracks your exercise and calories burned like nike plus and assuming you're serious about this, you're laughing. Especially when you figure out that the two beers you had after work will take you 40 mins of running the next morning to burn off.

again, whatever works for someone as an individual. i'm just not a fan of numbers. i personally don't need an app to make me realize that eating multiple unhealthy snacks throughout the day means i'm eating a lot of extra calories.

my mom had an eating disorder and at one point became obsessed with numbers (calories, ounces, pounds, etc) and just taught my sister and i to just do everything in moderation and i've found that that works. there wasn't even a scale in my house growing up.

I've yet to try it, but I've heard doing weights first, then cardio produces better results.

I would also invest in this book

[image]

it teaches you perfect form and the core weight exercises that do the most for weight loss and strength training. I used it when I was first starting out and it was a great help.

sugar

carbs

fat

i mean like all of it.

I want shirtless pictures. Congrats sir!

I've yet to try it, but I've heard doing weights first, then cardio produces better results.

I would also invest in this book

[image]

it teaches you perfect form and the core weight exercises that do the most for weight loss and strength training. I used it when I was first starting out and it was a great help.

Best thing said so far. Most of the stuff in here is common sense. If you really want to hunker down and start getting in shape, resistance training is definitely the way to go.

.........Calorie Counters count your fat,carbs, and sugars. They have a database of anything available on the shelf or at restaurants.

Also you could go vegan lol

The entire point is you eat under your maintenance. If you eat under the maintenance for a person of your height and size, you're going to lose weight. Pretty much end of discussion. Counting calories is completely fine. And as for the cake vs raisin bran thing mentioned earlier, both are going to be loaded with high GI carbs and are going to spike your insulin. Both are going to suck about as hard and are bad ideas for losing weight.

I lost 40 pounds in roughly 6-8 weeks. I took the dieting and exercise to an extreme. If you're serious, there's no reason you can't do the same. Hell, taking just one of them to the extreme might do enough for you.

I also highly recommend trying P90X if you can get your hands on it. There are a ton of workouts on it and plenty to suit everyone. The diet guide is great, too.

I am/was of Flood's philosophy. No sugar, no fat, and virtually no carbs.

Conceptually, losing weight is the easiest thing in the world. It all boils down to will power, plain and simple.