Jesu-Ascension Pre-Order+Test Press Contest

Guest deathbydrums

Sooooooo glad I never preordered this. I didn't have too bad of an experience with Caldo Verde with the vinyl pressing of Opiate Sun, but I can recall it taking longer than I had expected.

While I pride myself on being pretty patient with preorders...my heart goes out to anyone on this thread who has no clue as to what's going on with their money/record.

I've had this same issue with AE before. a few years ago i preordered a pj harvey repress and almost a year later there was no reference to it at all on their site. they never returned emails, and it took me about 10 random phone calls throughout a week before i got someone on the phone. then they had the nerve to try and tell me to wait a little longer as it would be coming out. at that point i stopped preordering from them. but i did get my $ back.

definitely bs. he said the same thing to me a month ago. literally the exact same thing about the vinyl being shipped today. i would get your money back now while you actually are getting responses from him. you will more than likely be able to buy it when it actually comes out for much cheaper somewhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

I also preordered this when first announced by AE. I bought many LPs from AE over the years and never had a problem (though I remember the PJ Harvey LP mentioned in one of these posts...I preordered but was not charged when the vinyl never happened). I was charged for the Jesu preorder months ago which was NOT cool since AE neither had the vinyl in stock nor did they know when the vinyl was going to arrive. I finally canceled my order and received a refund a few days ago. Like the other posters, I was continually reassured that the vinyl was on it's way or close to being shipped to AE. This whole situation is bizarre. Is this going to be pressed on vinyl? What does Calo Verde have to say? WTF is going on with this? It's like Watergate or something...

• 1 month later...
Dude said their shipping the vinyl to them today from the plant. Probably just bs

I heard the same thing Oct 25th, and still nothing, shot him an email last week...I know it's holidays and all, but still no response and now I found this on the Justin Broadrick facebook page -

...wtf is going on...not looking promising...

Yeah. I never heard anything back about this. I was already too late to file a claim when I last remembered nothing ever came of the pre-orders.

I hope that JKB doesn't really wait for refunds to happen before pressing this because THAT'S unlikely to ever happen. Hopefully SOMETHING happens soon instead of just being left with a huge heap of disappointment.

• 2 years later...